Penalties in different states for speeding/reckless driving.

I'd be in trouble ;) this gps need about 7 seconds to capture max numbers.
I put the needle on the pin / H in mph today.

DSC_3943.JPG

c10 you would literally be in jail up here. IF they could catch you
anyone caught 50 KPH (or 32 mph) over the posted limit to a max of 150 KPH or 94 MPH is walking for a while, vehicle impounded, and huge fines. I seem to recall it it can be as high as 10,000 dollars. But do not quote me. There are a number of rising penalties until you get there involving cash and demerit points.
7. points you get a letter to behave
9 points ups get an interview
11 points you have to explain why you need your lic
13 points you to rewrite the test and redo the driving exam with no mistakes or faults allowed
15 points you are walking again
Fortunately for me today Myself and a number of cagers did not get caught. 'Cause it would have been VERY expensive. Hypothetically speaking fo course

c10 you would literally be in jail up here. IF they could catch you
anyone caught 50 KPH (or 32 mph) over the posted limit to a max of 150 KPH or 94 MPH is walking for a while, vehicle impounded, and huge fines. I seem to recall it it can be as high as 10,000 dollars. But do not quote me. There are a number of rising penalties until you get there involving cash and demerit points.
7. points you get a letter to behave
9 points ups get an interview
11 points you have to explain why you need your lic
13 points you to rewrite the test and redo the driving exam with no mistakes or faults allowed
15 points you are walking again
Fortunately for me today Myself and a number of cagers did not get caught. 'Cause it would have been VERY expensive. Hypothetically speaking fo course

50 kms/hr over posted limit (stunt driving), roadside license suspension for 21 days, vehicle impoundment and up to $10 grand in fines...normally much less. We call it a "money grab" here....

There was an incident where a police officer pulled over a fellow police officer in uniform driving a cruiser and charged the officer with "stunt driving" (50 kms/hr over limit). I'd imagine the arresting officer would be as popular as a fart in church...

We call it a "money grab" here....

you are not wrong. And the definition of Stunting is so vague you can Stand up on your pegs to absorb a big bump or to rearrange your jeans. If the cop doesn't like you you are walking all the way to court to try to beat it

FYI for the people who have SA of Canada, it was an female OPP officer in Toronto driving on the 401 who got pulled over and charged...

I could not own a bike like this in Canada.
I feel real bad you guys can't get the best use of the bird. Now I know why some Zrx Canadians always come down to America for a while at the rallies.

I could not own a bike like this in Canada.
I feel real bad you guys can't get the best use of the bird. Now I know why some Zrx Canadians always come down to America for a while at the rallies.

We have to pick and choose our riding areas carefully...thankfully much like the US, we are a vast country and not overly swarming with coppers...

That and I've out-grown the need for speed, it's all about the riding experience for me now, I could care less about going fast. I do like the fact I have a beast underneath me that if I wanted to go fast, I could.

Last edited:
I could care less about going fast. I do like the fact I have a beast underneath me that if I wanted to go fast, I could.

I just find a 60 mph speed limit is ridiculous The motoring public have already voted for higher limits with their gas pedals. 75 mph on most major highways is very normal. and as you point out considering the vast distances we travel a speed limit of 75 or even 80 is not unreasonable in the empty areas of the country. Hypothetically to travel from White river to my house could be done in in about 7 hours with an 80 mph speed limits on most of the 401/400/11 /17 highways. adding time for gas stops and food it is. very doable trip. Not that I would know that from personal experience you understand. However with the current 62 and 55 mph speed limits on the same trip driving time alone would be well in excess of 12 hours plus gas and food Turning a simple trip onto a to day event.

I could care less about going fast. I do like the fact I have a beast underneath me that if I wanted to go fast, I could.

I just find a 60 mph speed limit is ridiculous The motoring public have already voted for higher limits with their gas pedals. 75 mph on most major highways is very normal. and as you point out considering the vast distances we travel a speed limit of 75 or even 80 is not unreasonable in the empty areas of the country. Hypothetically to travel from White river to my house could be done in in about 7 hours with an 80 mph speed limits on most of the 401/400/11 /17 highways. adding time for gas stops and food it is. very doable trip. Not that I would know that from personal experience you understand. However with the current 62 and 55 mph speed limits on the same trip driving time alone would be well in excess of 12 hours plus gas and food Turning a simple trip onto a to day event.
Yep, our speed limits are far too low and everyone knows it. The government thinks raising the limit to 110 is a big deal...people will be going 130 now on those roads.

I still enjoy the ride and rarely if ever go on a 400 series hiway.

I'll hit one of my favorite country roads and will exceed the speed limit by a good margin but I don't ride like that often. There is one spot on the road I normally ride which has a great section of complex twisties followed by a long straight then some more long sweepers.....I love that road...I'll get a picture of it sometime.

I have very few of any roads like that near me. But I did recently find when you need to travel in comfort and with speed the Busa s really in its element. I would imagine (because I have no personal knowledge of such things) in the 130 140 KPH range on empty roads like going over the top of Georgian Bay or where other vehicles are doing 120 you could safely ride for as long as the gas holds out. I have driven extensively in the US and found where the limits were in the 75 to 80 MPH range people may have done 5 over but whether though choice or enforcement they we're not generally going in to the 90 to 100 mph range as we are told up here they will. Politicians are cowards who are afraid to raise the skill level to possess a drivers level. So we all suffer the consequences of poor drivers with slow speeds

We have some of the nicest and safest best highways here. The problem is the American public in general have no highway driving skills.
+1
Thus, the license plate frame (or t-shirt) in my future: "Relax, I saw you not see me"

Back