Pegs even lower than Buell?

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
So I rode to the AMA races yesterday, and I'm having more issues this year than last. I'm in need of a hip surgery, and it just isn't in the cards right now for me. Long story short, the peg position on the busa is becoming very painful to me.

I have the Buell pegs already, just wondering if anyone has any other pegs or other tricks in general to lower the pegs.
I even thought of having my stock seat worked on to make it taller. The reach to the bars isn't an issue for me, just the pegs right now.

Any ideas?

??? :laugh:

concours.jpg

I think anything lower than the Buell's would contact the exhaust headers. Moving the pegs outside of the exhaust just would not look right. If you hear of something that will work, let us know. I could always go lower if possible for more comfort.

Even thou I have bought some buell pegs,I am going to research these. The capabilities could be sweet. Ride to the track in low position,crack open the hump,grab a wrench and raise for your track day/day in the twisties. Even for touring,the abilty to move ones feet occasionally,even slightly,could ease rider fatigue.

RSD.

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg

I worry about the strength of those Rubb.. I'm not a small kid, and standing on the pegs greatly helps out my hip while riding. I stand up frequently. I'd be worried about those.

I bought a set off Ebay by Knight Design, they fit the Buell XB12 but are 1" lower than the stock Buell pegs. So it made a HUGE difference on my Gen1 Busa. I have a turbo with a dump pipe so the exhaust wasn't an issue in my case. The pegs would probably not clear on a bike with factory exhaust.

I bought a set off Ebay by Knight Design, they fit the Buell XB12 but are 1" lower than the stock Buell pegs. So it made a HUGE difference on my Gen1 Busa. I have a turbo with a dump pipe so the exhaust wasn't an issue in my case. The pegs would probably not clear on a bike with factory exhaust.

Pics?

I worry about the strength of those Rubb.. I'm not a small kid, and standing on the pegs greatly helps out my hip while riding. I stand up frequently. I'd be worried about those.
Contact the company with your concerns, they are solid billet!

Also why is the hip surgery not an option.
Hell my mother was walking the next day, and she is 80

I have a set of the ones RSD posted on my 08 and they have been great for over 3 years now. I got them from Twistedthrottle.com in black and they have performed flawlessly.

I hear ya. At 200 pounds (a light weight for a Busa owner) I could probably do an' Irish Jig on them.

But I do recall seeing your picture...:whistle:............:laugh:

I'm gonna try getting ahold of the guy I saw, who had them on his CBR. I'll ask him if he minds if I jump up and down on his peg.......???

I'll let ya know how that turns out. :rofl:

Rubb.

Also why is the hip surgery not an option.
Hell my mother was walking the next day, and she is 80

Walking, and caring for a 7 month old baby are two completely different things. It's just not the right timing right now. When Jr becomes more self sufficient, I'll be there gettin' it done. :beerchug:

Why not look into adding an inch or two to a stock seat. You could also have the handle bars raised so that the ergos don't change.

You could buy another stock seat on ebay and have that worked on so you could always go back to pure stock quickly.

Walking, and caring for a 7 month old baby are two completely different things. It's just not the right timing right now. When Jr becomes more self sufficient, I'll be there gettin' it done. :beerchug:

Its all about timing for us,the "Walking Wounded". I can barely walk somedays,foot surgery and knee surgery needed BIGTIME. But in the middle of riding season...its just not gonna happen. :whistle: For know...I'll just live with the excrustiating pain. :laugh:

RSD.

I have a set of the ones RSD posted on my 08 and they have been great for over 3 years now. I got them from Twistedthrottle.com in black and they have performed flawlessly.

Would you mind doing a little product research for 'Bots. Would you mind strapping on a packpack full of big rocks and jumpimg up and down on those pegs.

:laugh:

RSD.

Would you mind doing a little product research for 'Bots. Would you mind strapping on a packpack full of big rocks and jumpimg up and down on those pegs.

:laugh:

RSD.

Well, I weigh in at about 185 without gear. When I am riding I have leather jacket, gloves, boots and full face helmet. Also, I normally have a backpack with uniform and lunch in it. I have never once felt they were going to give out, they are of good construction and I am glad I bought them.

Well, I weigh in at about 185 without gear. When I am riding I have leather jacket, gloves, boots and full face helmet. Also, I normally have a backpack with uniform and lunch in it. I have never once felt they were going to give out, they are of good construction and I am glad I bought them.

185 without gear.. Hmm.. Throw about 10 bowling balls in that backpack, and give it a whirl. :rofl:

Back