PDX GSX1300R

Absolutely. I am thinking that I can continue to chip away on a +/- monthly basis on the "smalls." $200 boots for example.

And the bike came to me with a lot of boxes checked: fancy exhaust / ECU, newer tires and chain. At this age I expect that there is some housekeeping coming due. Maybe valve adjust, swap the hoses. Dunno. (The pads are pretty thin.) I think I can knock these out over the winter.

So with a potential bonus in the spring, I was thinking more about "big" items that I seldom have the cash to even consider. Maybe some leathers so I could actually try a track day and scare myself silly...

The obvious solution to my problem is to start on either, my turbo set up or my swing arm / fat tire conversion. Hmmm...

Interesting.

New product question from Akrapovic.com​

Question:

My Suzuki came to me with a 4-1 Akrapovic exhaust. It’s a little quiet for my taste. Do you offer any muffler options?

---

Hi Carl,

Thank you for reaching out.

In short, Akrapovic is an exhaust engineering firm where all products are bike, model, and year specific. There are almost no SKUs shared across systems and no universal parts.

Akrapovic will not speak to fitments that fall outside of what they themselves went through the R&D process with.

In this particular case, though, all products made for that biek have been long discontinued and no longer orderable.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Josh

---

Pretty cool that they responded so quickly.

75 MPH and nothing fell off. Just snug a few things up. Two weeks out and the forecast is hopeful.

C7905749-A36C-48DB-977A-98E73D5F608E-M.jpg

Is the baffle in or out of that muffler?
Cut 4"-6" off the length, that'll deepen the tone.
Remove half the packing, that'll make it louder/raspier.

75 MPH and nothing fell off. Just snug a few things up. Two weeks out and the forecast is hopeful.

View attachment 1655841

Try criss crossing a couple HD bungees and for security I combine two nets and hook them to some extended ‘bungee bolts’ I made up to replace the OEM ones. That way the bungee hooks don’t rub the paint. I don’t use saddle bags but used to on a different bike. Keep an eye out for heat damage to the underside of the bags.

Is the baffle in or out of that muffler?
Cut 4"-6" off the length, that'll deepen the tone.
Remove half the packing, that'll make it louder/raspier.

Very interesting. With a flashlight, she apprears to go straight thru. The muffler is 18" long. Is that fairly typical?

Try criss crossing a couple HD bungees and for security I combine two nets and hook them to some extended ‘bungee bolts’ I made up to replace the OEM ones. That way the bungee hooks don’t rub the paint. I don’t use saddle bags but used to on a different bike. Keep an eye out for heat damage to the underside of the bags.

Thx boss. Bungees are cheap...

Thx boss. Bungees are cheap...

I got big fat ones which can be shortened to fit the load by tying knots in them. Can’t have my seat bag moving around. The nets do double duty as they stretch enough to place items like a jacket liner or shirt under them w/o having to reload the seat bag.

Very interesting. With a flashlight, she apprears to go straight thru. The muffler is 18" long. Is that fairly typical?

Yes, for most aftermarket mufflers it is, including Akropovic, and most also come with a baffle at the tip, held in by a bolt or rivot, apparently yours is gone.
The mufflers are made for the packing to be replaced too(alot use a fiberglass type of batting), just drill out the rivots and slide the sleeve off the inner tube.
I have shortened and repacked alot of mufflers over the years, and it's an easy job. Lots of ways to cut the muffler too, but a bandsaw with a metal blade makes it simple to get a squared edge.

LC4 - The origin story...

I used to ride dual-sports in Phoenix. My buddy convinced me to ride my first organized race. One of the more serious racers took me out while making a pass. But I did get the photo in a magazine...

Such an awesome day. I do miss racing. Nothing else compares.

F55D73DE-9AEE-427F-9CD5-45CF7F990BCB-M.jpg

eday2carl5.jpg

LC4 - The origin story...

I used to ride dual-sports in Phoenix. My buddy convinced me to ride my first organized race. One of the more serious racers took me out while making a pass. But I did get the photo in a magazine...

Such an awesome day. I do miss racing. Nothing else compares.

View attachment 1655901

View attachment 1655902

The crash pic is great...but then I scrolled down and saw that wheelie!
Ahhhh Yeaaahhhh!!!!
Try it on the Busa, super smooth, super easy, and not twitchy in the air at all.
The Busa is one of the best bikes to wheelie Ever, plenty of power, but heavy enough to make it easy to control.

On day two of my four day ride I crossed over into northern Nevada. The tarmac was perfect / line of sight over a mile.

018629F7-5ED5-4488-B5D0-B5E32E5C76AE-M.jpg

8F6EBDD0-4BB6-4E24-9FAD-15BAEFA9C180-M.jpg

The top is the Speedo-healer recall. The bottom the Rever app. I really thought I had the speedometer dialed. Oh well. Today Carl set a new personal best and lived to tell the tale. And none of the luggage fell off…

Speedohealers have a Top Speed Recall button. Push it after riding, and it will move the speedometer needle to the last highest speed one time, then reset.

On day two of my four day ride I crossed over into northern Nevada. The tarmac was perfect / line of sight over a mile.

View attachment 1656165

View attachment 1656166

The top is the Speedo-healer recall. The bottom the Rever app. I really thought I had the speedometer dialed. Oh well. Today Carl set a new personal best and lived to tell the tale. And none of the luggage fell off…
I found with my speedohealer, the first half up to legal cruising speed and a bit above is pretty accurate. Once the needle starts to swing into the light speed area, it gets progressively out compared to gps speed..

Back