PDR guys.....amazing

TallTom

Registered
I had someone (unknown) back into my car when I was away on business trip.

Not sure what did it but it left a nice indentation on my trunk deck lid and bumper cover.

Took it to my insurance company (State Farm). Quoted out at $1700 damage.

I was like....man do I claim a small claim like this or what? My agent said, we can't use them as they are not part of the SF approved method of repair but try this guy and he gave me a number to PDR guy.

Call him and he says I'll be at this dealership on this day. Bring it by etc.

So he takes the entire damage out of my trunk, as in you can't see it at all period, plus he took out every door ding my car had in it and a small little whatever dent that nobody ever knows how they happen.

For $250. Cash. Took him 2 hours.

While I was waiting on him to show, I'm talking to the next bay over. The window tinting booth. The guys says yes Dan is the best and he can't keep up. He stays buried.

Dan rolls up in a 2014 Tesla Model S. (Nice car BTW).

I got to talking with him (He let me watch the process). He does on average 5 cars a day. On average $450 per car.

Dan does VERY well in the PDR business. And it is amazing what they can do. But as Dan pointed out, "I make it look easy because I've been doing it for 15 years." I think its amazing what he was able to do. If the paint hasn't been broken at the finish, they can bring that damage back to new and never touch a paint gun or filler.

I have a small little bumper cover ding left over. Made of plastic. Body shop says they can fix that for $200. So $450 total I'll go out of pocket for. Not make the claim for $1700.

Car looks 5 years younger with all those little door nibs taken out.

Awesome.

$250 is way better than filing that claim...

I've heard from friends that SF isn't too awesome if you have 3 claims; they drop you. Source that told me that had 2 claims that were him being rear-ended and one claim on a windshield, and they dropped him like a hot potato, so Omar and I both are careful about telling 'em anything and have been discussing changing. It's hard though; we have EVERYTHING with 'em, our house, 3 motorcycles, 4 cars...

Glad you found a cheaper connection beyond worrying with SF though...save yourself the headache and the potential of being on their list...

SF kills the others on my bike coverage. I'd switch if I could get my overall insurance cost to be down as a total. My bike is like $300/yr for full coverage.

I can't touch that with any other insurance carriers. I feel like switching when I see my bill come in. Particularly with my wind coverage prices on the house. *sigh*

Back