Pcv pti map sensor placement

Quiksilver

Registered
I currently have a pcv with manifold pressure beung referenced from my aem failsafe. I wanted to have the extra features of the pti and have the input open for some other things ban i want to try. I ordered the flange to mount the sensor. Ive seen the placement of the flange on the throttle side of the intake (#4?) on top. My bov is around that area also and i have oil thay pools right there. I opened the gaps on the rins to 22 thou or so. It seems like an excessive amount of oil but i havent noticed the oil level at the sight glass change much. It seems to run fine, although hard to start after its sat for a few weeks. So my question is should i put the sensor on the back or side of the intake or on top? The first pic is old and csnt remember the details but i took it off and let it sit upside down for a bit.

Sweet. Did you also have injector compensation set in ecu editor? I could use a base map for sure. Something to get me going until i can get it to a tuner. I had a crappy ecu tune from a local guy and ended up trashing it getting it flashed and used autotune to get where i am now. Its not a bad tune considering i did it but definitely room for improvement.

I have @8lbs but i done it slowly over time. Never got the map right without autotune deactivated. For cruising it works ok just takes time. For boost i wouldnt recommend, for cruising i would.

I currently have a pcv with manifold pressure beung referenced from my aem failsafe. I wanted to have the extra features of the pti and have the input open for some other things ban i want to try. I ordered the flange to mount the sensor. Ive seen the placement of the flange on the throttle side of the intake (#4?) on top. My bov is around that area also and i have oil thay pools right there. I opened the gaps on the rins to 22 thou or so. It seems like an excessive amount of oil but i havent noticed the oil level at the sight glass change much. It seems to run fine, although hard to start after its sat for a few weeks. So my question is should i put the sensor on the back or side of the intake or on top? The first pic is old and csnt remember the details but i took it off and let it sit upside down for a bit.
View attachment 1617971

View attachment 1617972
You’re gonna have a hell of a time trying to tune that thing with an fmu on it, and tuning a boost map.

Back