PCV on a 2008

Wideout

Registered
Posted this on another board, but hadn't gotten any feedback just yet. Checking here to see if anyone has any feedback.

I just ordered the Alien head exhaust for my '08 busa and would like to purchase a PCV. 95% of the sites state that sell it state that it is only available for the 09. I found 1 reputable site (+ OrientExpress) that indicated that it should be fine.

I called PowerCommander and their customer support stated that currently they only support it for the 09. He wasn't very forthcoming in giving information, so I don't know what his level of knowledge was. Simply...until he hears otherwise, he can't endorse it on an 08.

My question is, has anyone actually used it on an 08 yet or heard of anyone that has successfully installed it with no problems? If not, I'd be inclined to either wait until the PCV is available or just go ahead and order a PCIII.

Thanks in advance.

can not be that different from the 08, might be some minor differences, but my bet is the 08 and 09 are virtually identical..

Personally I do not like the alien head due to noise..

Posted this on another board, but hadn't gotten any feedback just yet. Checking here to see if anyone has any feedback.

I just ordered the Alien head exhaust for my '08 busa and would like to purchase a PCV. 95% of the sites state that sell it state that it is only available for the 09. I found 1 reputable site (+ OrientExpress) that indicated that it should be fine.

I called PowerCommander and their customer support stated that currently they only support it for the 09. He wasn't very forthcoming in giving information, so I don't know what his level of knowledge was. Simply...until he hears otherwise, he can't endorse it on an 08.

My question is, has anyone actually used it on an 08 yet or heard of anyone that has successfully installed it with no problems? If not, I'd be inclined to either wait until the PCV is available or just go ahead and order a PCIII.

Thanks in advance.

They say no, but it will probaly work, why dont you buy one send it to me and I will let you know:laugh:, I ordered the pc3.:welcome:

Bogus calls me a squid, I have the PCIII with similar exhaust :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had scrolled down just a bit, I would have seen the other thread. Alot of good info in there as well. Apologies for the repost.

Thanks in advance.

My research has led me to find that the PC V is only for 09, you could just email Dyno Jet and ask them if you are dead set on getting the PC V. But, then again you could just order the PCIII in stead of doing all the searching(since it def works) and that way you could be riding the bike sooner. I have PCIII on my 08 and Alein Head 4-2-1 on my bike as well. Just dropped it off today for a matter of fact, to be dynoed and custom mapped to make it purr like a kitten.

Back