Pcv Making My 2004 Stall Out

ZXROM

Registered
Hi, I'm curious to find out if anyone else has experienced this problem. A 2004 hayabusa, PCV connected, flashed different OTS maps, but the outcome is always the same, some 10-15 minutes into the ride, engine starts cutting out, If I keep throttle engaged it will chug but run, but as soon as let go, engine stalls out. If the key is left in the ON position, you can hear fuel pump prime, and gauges doing gauge check, it will do that several times, until it cools down thn the bike can be started again and ridden but not for long. No problems what so ever without the PCV. Do I have a faulty PCV or is it something that can be fixed with a tune, or something else I don't know? Thanks!

Hi, I'm curious to find out if anyone else has experienced this problem. A 2004 hayabusa, PCV connected, flashed different OTS maps, but the outcome is always the same, some 10-15 minutes into the ride, engine starts cutting out, If I keep throttle engaged it will chug but run, but as soon as let go, engine stalls out. If the key is left in the ON position, you can hear fuel pump prime, and gauges doing gauge check, it will do that several times, until it cools down thn the bike can be started again and ridden but not for long. No problems what so ever without the PCV. Do I have a faulty PCV or is it something that can be fixed with a tune, or something else I don't know? Thanks!

Use the PCV software on your laptop to access the PCV with a USB cable. Start the bike with everything connected, and make sure while it is idling that you see "O" at the top of the screen - that is your throttle position, make sure it is correct. Then make sure that the "O" column in the map has no values in it , that everything is "O" in that column. Send those settings to the powercommander. Report back . . .

Back