Pcv / Autotune Idle Question.

Rivercop UK

Registered
Hiya,

Noticed that my bike is idling a little rough after the PCV / Autotune install. On idle, the bikes reporting its AFR to be in the low to high 15's.

I checked out a video to sort this, but the guy was using one fuel map for all the gears ... So he just set up autotune to run AFR 13.8 at zero throttle / 1000 & 1500 rpm which sorted the naff idle.

However, I'm running individual maps for each gear, so I don't have a 'Neutral' map so to speak. I guess adding autotune info to the same area's won't work on mine, as it will need to be in gear to access those cells.

So, is there a way to add autotune to 1000 / 1500 rpm in neutral or would I need to access the ECU and add fuel there using the boostbox ?

Cheers.

Just hang in there. All the knowledgeable guys that are snowed in and can't ride will be along to comment. I'm no help on this one as I'm only running a flashed ECU with a PCV, sorry.

Autotune can map the idle fuel cells when using a standard single map for all gears - So it uses the same AFR map from 0 to 100% throttle regardless of what gear the bikes in. However, I run a 'per-gear' mapping (6 AFR maps in all, unique for each gear) so there's no idle (neutral) map running in the PCV I can find to change. This is my problem. Not sure if I'm missing something.

By removing the stock O2 sensor you are having the ECU run on a map at idle so it doesn't know what the AFR is and the map is a best guess for emissions purposes.
You will have to get into the ECU with either ECU Editor or Woolich and open the fuel maps while the engine is idling and edit those cells. (BTW thank you for the info Greg)
I had to do that when I put big cams in because it was way too rich at idle.

By removing the stock O2 sensor you are having the ECU run on a map at idle so it doesn't know what the AFR is and the map is a best guess for emissions purposes.
You will have to get into the ECU with either ECU Editor or Woolich and open the fuel maps while the engine is idling and edit those cells. (BTW thank you for the info Greg)
I had to do that when I put big cams in because it was way too rich at idle.

Oh right ... Excellent. So you can edit the ECU with the boost box while the bike is running ?

No you can't, that is what makes ECUE a PITA.
While the bike is running with the Autotune data screen and ECEC IAP fuel table screen open see what the AFR is, then minimize the A/T screen, look at your IAP fuel tables in ECUE, and you'll see which fuel cells it is using to idle, they'll be dancing around quite a bit. Make note of which cells those are. Shut down, go into your IAP fuel tables and add or subtract a % fuel to those cells and some cells around them to. Save your changes i.e., IAP25to35_1000to1500rpm_plus5percent or whatever works for you so you can keep track of your changes. Then flash the ECU and repeat until you get what you want. It sounds harder than it actually is, make small changes, save your changes and keep a stock flash in your back pocket if it goes pear-shaped. I may have missed something so if anybody can spot it chime in.
Not exactly the same but close.
http://www.woolichracing.com/SupportCenter/Category/15/video-tutorials.aspx#supportCenterItems

Awesome mate ... I've had a good play with ECUE but left the IAP tables alone. I assumed it would have to be direct ECU editing, but hoping the PCV would have the function hidden somewhere. Well here's to another few hours of playing in my man cave !!

Back