PCIIIUSB  Question

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Here is a question for you guys?

Since the TRE puts the bike in 5th gear (electronically) all the time. Does that negate the effect the power commander has on the fuel tables?

Don

Don't think so. My busa put down some nice #s with a tre installed.pipe, map and a k&n. Johnny cheese would know best.

If you have a PC, you shouldn't need a TRE. Are you trying to get around the 185 restriction?

Got a good price on the Ivan's Smart TRE. I shipped my gauges off today to Scott @ bluegauges.com. By the time they get back, the TRE will be off the bike. I will install my gauges and do another dyno run to see how much affect the TRE might have. I know from the a/f graph that the bike is always running more rich than 12.8:1 or so, it never hits 13:1. I believe that is where a lot of my HP is going. I can't get the bike to a tuner until next month at the earliest. Since the bike is running rich and the map I have is for all my mods EXCEPT the TRE, I might see an appreciable improvement by removing the TRE.

As for the 185 restriction. My bike did 190 (rev limiter in 6th) on the top end run on the dyno so the TRE is not helping in that area much either. With my 250lb azz on it, it won't do that anyway.

Don...it's best to have the PC equipped busa dyno tuned WITH the TRE installed as...the TRE fakes the ECU into a 5th gear mapping....(w/ the "smart" TRE recognizing the stock "Neutral" map)....both fuel and ignition wise...but it is onlt the fuel map that the PC "PiggyBacks" mapping on top of the ECU...nevertheless?...things are typically filthy rich down low with the TRE as the 5th gear fuel map takes into account "The Ram Air Affect"...in the stock mapping....so while without a tre?...the pc would piggyback on top of all 6 stock ecu mappings...(one for each and every gear)...but the TRE locks it into 5th..which again is filthy rich due to the ram air affect you're not getting in the lower gears with the tre.

are ya confused yet? LOL!

Hey...i tried.
cool.gif

Don....i might also add that after getting my busa custom dyno mapped?...w pciiiusb and gipro atre (set too 5th gear mapping)....my busa went from struggling to get 30mpg too avg'ing about 34-35mpg....picked up 4-5mpg...and at that rate?...the custom dyno tuning will pay for itself in no time...not to mention making my busa not smell like like an old lawn mower in the lower gears/revs annnnnd?...not load up or foul plugs.

I was foolish for waiting as long as i did...mostly time constraints and dyno availabilty..but in hindsight?....imho?....it's absolutely foolish for a busa owner to blow $250-$300 on a pc and then?...NOT get it custom tuned.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

(JINKSTER @ Oct. 04 2006,18:49) it's absolutely foolish for a busa owner to blow $250-$300 on a pc and then?...NOT get it custom tuned.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
It's foolish for any bike with a PCIII, let alone a Busa, with so much to offer. No 2 maps, for similar modded bikes, give the same results, as both bikes are slightly different, let alone done at different areas on different dynos, with different dyno operators.

cool.gif

cool.gif

Back