PCIIIusb Map

PDBusa

who, me?
Donating Member
Registered
I am running a 05 with Yosh RS-3 bolt ons. Bike is stock otherwise, no marble mod or block offs, never backfired, seemed to pull hard and averaged about 39mpg around town. It also ran cool and the only time I ever really heard the fan come on was if ambient temps were 80*+ and I was at idle. Never heard it come on while moving. Temp indicator always sat about 2 needle widths below mid-line. I did notice the tips of the exhaust had some carbon but figured it's from running a little rich. The main reason for the PC was to smooth out "maintenance throttle" and stop the "surging" at low rpms.

Have installed a PCIIIusb with a custom map from Fuel-moto. It did smooth out lower end and I haven't really had a chance to check it out but right away I notice it is running warmer. Fan comes on more often and ambient temps are only in 40*s. From what I can tell the changes start after 1500rpms so I don't understand why it would run warmer at idle?

Wondering if any tuners or gurus can look at the map I'm running and advise if it looks about ballpark for my minor (non) mods. I really doubt the shop that installed cans for orig. owner(I bought with 229 miles) remapped the ECU, but I guess it's possible?

Please PM or post up and I'll email map I have to you. Otherwise, it's off for a dyno-tune I guess.

Any good tuners on Long Island?

Thanks Guys!

Best bet is dyno tune, the first thing I would look at is to see if fuel was taken out down low. This will lean it out (does it smell the same?) and cause it to run hotter!

On another note, if in fact you go for the dyno you should do the block off plates, K&N or BMC filter and small air box mod to get the most from it. If you need a good tuner in the area you have Orient express (think address is on PC web site) and Formula 1 motorsports in Bayshore (think sunrise hwy)

It never really had a rich smell to it.
No changes until 1250 at 2% it adds 1.
1500 adds 2,1,1 and -1,-1 at 20%, and 40%.
1750 -6,-8 through all positions
2000 -14 to -18 through all positions
2250 -10 to -14
2500 -6 to -13
2750 starts adding fuel

confused? I am.

Try this one http://www.powercommander.com/312-211.aspx
Download #M312-005

Yosh_map.JPG

I have that one also, but NJ picked up the fact it is missing rpm cells. It goes by 500 rpm intervals, The one I have loaded goes by 250 intervals, but is similiar to that.

(PDBusa @ Mar. 10 2007,12:53) I have that one also, but NJ picked up the fact it is missing rpm cells. It goes by 500 rpm intervals, The one I have loaded goes by 250 intervals, but is similiar to that.
Open the map, go to Tools > Maximize Map Resolution. It will then go by 250.

(cougar694u @ Mar. 30 2007,08:23)
(PDBusa @ Mar. 10 2007,12:53) I have that one also, but NJ picked up the fact it is missing rpm cells. It goes by 500 rpm intervals, The one I have loaded goes by 250 intervals, but is similiar to that.
Open the map, go to Tools > Maximize Map Resolution.  It will then go by 250.
+1

Back