PCIIIr vs. PCIIIusb

milesbm

Donating Member
Registered
I was just wondering what the differences are between the PCIIIr and the PCIIIusb. Also, what are your opinions about which one is better and why. Looking to get one or the other and just want to make an informed decision.

I would get the PC TRE

laugh.gif

what's a TRE
rock.gif

they both use the same digital fuel control technology but the pc3r also has timing control as well. The usb has a "usb" port so that timing modules can be added later via a laptop. pc3r is '02 & '03 only. There is some talk about the pc3r not being produced anymore and I have not been to the web site in a while. Depends on what you are going to do with the bike. Either is fine.

I was just wondering what the differences are between the PCIIIr and the PCIIIusb. Also, what are your opinions about which one is better and why. Looking to get one or the other and just want to make an informed decision.
...If your purpose is to just add a aftermarket Exhaust system, then the PC3USB should be just fine for you!! The PC3R lets you adjust the timing along with fuel adjustments... which would comein handy if you go for a turbo, or a big bore!!

Some one correct me if im wrong!!

Thanks for the info. So basically unless I am going completely radical I prolly wouldn't see a difference between the r or usb.

If I end up getting a custom map made should I have it mapped with or without the TRE? I mostly drag race but I also ride to work sometimes.

Guilty pleasure I haven't indulged in yet --- here it goes --- Whats a TRE??? Ok Im just as guilty, and Evil as the rest of you now...but it feels good.
wow.gif

Back