PCIIIr capabilities

K Wolf

Donating Member
Registered
I'm considering buying a pc3r to support future mods to my 02, which is currently stock.  I have experience tuning fully programmable aftermarket ECUs in cars.  I have not been able to find detailed specs. on the pc3r.  Specific questions I have are:
What are the resolutions of the fuel and ignition maps of the pc3r?
What is the adjustment/correction range of the ign and fuel maps? (How much advance/retard is available, how much increase/decrease can be made to injector pulse time?)
Can/does the pc3r read engine loading through a MAP sensor?
Does the pc3r use the same ign and fuel map with each of the stock ECU's gear specific maps?

Also are Hayabusa ignitions and fuel systems sequential or batch fired?

Thanks in advance.

This might not be the greatest of help but the Mfr web sight is fairly good and you can download the tuning software and look at all the adjustment settings.

Cheers
Ross

check out brock davidson can buy a kit with exhaust pciiir with his maps just installed on my bike. bike is more responsive runs excellent cant believe difference

Rosco, I have checked out the mfg site, as well as used the search function on this board. I hadn't thought of D/Ling the tuning software though. Thanks! I'll give that a shot.

DRAGBUSA1300R, I haven't yet decided on an exhaust sys. It is good to hear positive feedback about an alternative.

Johnnycheese, What do you mean by both? Is one system sequential, and the other batch? or is there another possibility?

they are both.
they batch on start up (this is why it blows smoke on start up)
and after 5 (i think rev) it goes to sequential.
You are asking a lot of question that are in the book. You do know how to read? or do you not have a manual?

OK Johnny, don't get mad. A lot of master tuners (Johnny Cheese included) use the Power commander and get great results. I haven't used one, so I can't talk about what it does for my bike, BUT, I've heard one tidbit about the PC that may or may not be true. Supposedly, on the high end of the tach, they "scatter" the ignition timing. That is, the timing can vary +/- on every revolution. A little change in timing can have a big result. If your timing is all over the place on the high end, it might cost you something. I could be wrong. I'm going to cower now and wait for Johnnys response.

Back