PCIII Vs Bazzaz Fuel Control Unit?

I meant that if you get the full system (R77) and get a bazzaz or pc unit that having it professionaly tuned will net you performance and rideability gains. The link I provided shows some recent results between having a custom tune or just running the exhaust system without a custom tune.

OK all, lemme summarize what I think I've learned in this thread:

1. I can slap an R77 Full System onto the Busa without a PCIII; it'll look better, save weight, sound better, and have a few more HP and Torque.

2. I can then add a PCIII to the bike and use the basic R77 Map that Dynojet supplies; this will net me a few more HP and Torque, and smooth out throttle response.

3. I can finally go to a Dynojet tuning center to have a custom map made for "my specific bike"; this will net me max HP and Torque and optimize throttle response.

4. I can stop at either 1. or 2. above and never take it any further depending on my $ situation. :laugh:

Is this all correct?
If not, lemme know which statements above are incorrect.
Thanks again,
Lenny

You can really do anything you want and I'm sure you'll be satisfied with the results. For optimization of the exhaust system with your bike it's always best to have it tuned on a dyno. :thumbsup:

this is exactly the info I needed as well. Thanks folks. But I have one more question. How do the Bazazz or PC come into play if I want to defeat the top end restriction. I am told that with the PC, there is a plug in module to accomplish that, and that for that reason, the PC is a better choice than the Bazazz.

If this is not true, please tell me what would need to be done to defeat the top end restriction.

Thanks

as far as defeating the top end restriction there's only two way's of doing it. Plugging in something to tell the ECU that it's only in 5th gear when your in 6th or using the ecu editor software. Either way it's independant of the power commander and/or bazzaz box.

as far as defeating the top end restriction there's only two way's of doing it. Plugging in something to tell the ECU that it's only in 5th gear when your in 6th or using the ecu editor software. Either way it's independant of the power commander and/or bazzaz box.

Hmmmm, that goes along with what i as told except I was told that with the Bazazz, you have to send in your ECU or computer for that software. But that the Power Commander has a place to plug in that device that fools the ECU.

But you are saying that defeating the top in restriction has nothing to do with these devices. So I guess I would have to ask where you plug in that device that fools the ECU?

Hmmmm, that goes along with what i as told except I was told that with the Bazazz, you have to send in your ECU or computer for that software. But that the Power Commander has a place to plug in that device that fools the ECU.

But you are saying that defeating the top in restriction has nothing to do with these devices. So I guess I would have to ask where you plug in that device that fools the ECU?

In line with the gps (gear position sensor) so the bike does not see 6th gear.

I got an 09 Busa with a titanium akrapovic and a bazzaz ejector tunning. I am about to take it to the dyno to get map. Need some advice .. Should I pay $175 for the dyno or buy the bazzaz self mapping . Is the self mapping worth the money , and Is it simple to use

In my opinion, unless you know how to tune don't try on your own, and if you can tune on your own, then you don't really really need autotune

Do U still need a dyno for the self mapping?? What the different between them two???

Save your money from the auto tune (or self tune) devices and get your bike to a reputable dyno tuner... i have an Auto tune unit and unless you know the precise target values and spend a lot of time experimenting and testing against a very accurate lap/strip timer its useless...

Back