Pciii usb keeps losing map

BIGSMOOTHH

Donating Member
Registered
My PCIII keeps losing the dang map. It makes the bike run like crap/really rich. I just downloaded it last night and its gone already. Whats the haps with this? PC bad? Maybe just a bad connection? Anyone had this problem?

Thanks

Read this elsewhere ... there is a very specific procedure to load the map or it won't truly save to the PC. Exactly what that procedure is escapes me. Perhaps somebody here will post up. If you don't mind me asking a similar question on YOUR thread ... Do the Power Commanders need Battery Power 24/7/365? Will disconnecting the power supply cause it to lose the map? I can't imagine that's the case BUT if it's not, Why do you need the 9V battery plugged in until you take it inside to the Computer?

No they do not need battery power 24/7/365. They have an internal chip or something that retains the map. So you can have it unplugged sitting on a shelf and it doesn't lose your map. As far as yours losing your map that is new to me. I never heard of that happening. I am sure someone will have info though to help you out.

If you do not get the promp: "map successfully sent" then its not loaded,some people including myself,have made this mistake.:;):

Yeah I get that. Map sent. I also send the table. Not the same prompt but it does say table sent successfully. Ive noticed that when you hook up the puter and turn on the bike the map isnt "gotten" automatically like its supposed to be. I have to "get map". According to PC, it should happen automatically. When I do get map, the map IS in the PCIII. So I dont think Im losing it I just think its not working right. Ima thinking I need a new one.

Have you checked the "reset button feature" in the tools? I had the same problem when i first started messing with these things,it seems like after i selected that feature,I always had my map there in the PC and it would open automatically like youre saying.NJ.

You get it figured out?
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

I did the button reset and it does seem to be improved. The throttle response is back and it seems like its not as rich now. Still having the same issue with the map not automatically retreiving but I can live with that. I didnt ride it as my old lady was out and I had the kids all day. Garrrr. Thanks for the tip nitrous. That might've done it.
biggrin.gif

Read this elsewhere ... there is a very specific procedure to load the map or it won't truly save to the PC. Exactly what that procedure is escapes me. Perhaps somebody here will post up. If you don't mind me asking a similar question on YOUR thread ... Do the Power Commanders need Battery Power 24/7/365? Will disconnecting the power supply cause it to lose the map? I can't imagine that's the case BUT if it's not, Why do you need the 9V battery plugged in until you take it inside to the Computer?
i think the battery thing is for when you cant get your bike close enough to the computer to download the map. the pc has to be powerd on when downloading a map. i think thats where the battery comes in.

Make sure you go to the power command tab at the top and select reset buttons values first before loading the map you have to do this in order to fully load the map and not haveing any button values still set for an older map .

Back