PCIII USB driver

samw5

Registered
looking for the Windows PCIII USB drive that came on the install CD. Got my PC in the mail today and I need to load a map on it (got the software from DynoJet) but Windows isn't recognizing it nor do I have the driver for it.

I was hoping that someone could pull that out of the install CD and email it to me.

Thanks,
Sam

Email sent with attachment. If the file I sent is the wrong one, let me know. There are three .dfu files on the disk I have. One is for H.D. and I'm not sure what the other two are for.

got the firmware for the box itself not the driver.

There should be some sort of .inf file on the cd that would allow Windows to recognize it.

i downloaded and installed the dynojet software but when I plug the PC into the computer it doesn't get recognized by Windows (unknown device).

I figured there must be a driver that I am missing from the install CD (it's usually an .inf file).

Does anyone has it working on Vista? If not then that might be the problem but I figured that I might be missing the install driver since I don't have the CD.

I have it running on my lap top which is running Vista. I can't seem to find the file you are referring to. I'm wondering if you're missing an update for your computer. Do other USB deviced show up?

ya actually the PC is detected just as an Unknown Device. I figured that it was because I didn't have the install CD in and it needed a driver from the DynoJet disc.

Did you just install the software, plug the PCIII USB and that's it?

ok tried it on two different systems. my XP machine first detects it as Power Commander 3 then shows it in Device Manager as USB Human Device (with exclamation mark... I'm assuming wanting the driver). The Windows Vista system recognizes it but shows it under Other device as an Unknown device.

I tried to update the driver on both systems but no luck, can't seem to find the driver online or anywhere (I'm guessing it's only available on the DynoJet CD).

Does the PC need to be on the bike before hooking it up to the computer?

Any ideas?

nm, i think i've got my answer right there... duh.

need to have power to the unit (didn't realize it wasn't going to draw it from the USB cable). I'll have to try it on the bike or get one of those 9v adapters.

Cheers!

LOL!!!! YES!!! It has to have power!! I put mine on the bike, plugged in the computer and POOF! there it was. You can use the 9V adapter or actually start the bike. If you are doing the firmware update you must use the 9v adapter. Let me know if you have any more problems bro.

well that sucks, I was planning on upgrading the firmware but since I don't have the 9v adapter looks like i'm sol.

could anyone provide me with a picture of the adapter so I know which pins are actually providing power? (I know it's the two outter most pins, just don't know if it's up or down).

Don't feel like shelling out $20 for one of those buggers (one time use, can't justify to the wife).

Back