PCIII+TRE

LefterisT

Registered
Goodmorning from Greece.
I am a new user and i own a black/blue 2002 Hayabusa.
I want to ask if anybody knows if i can use on my bike the PCIII with the Ivans TRE. Thank everybody in advance.

Yes, you should be able to use both with no problems that I've heard of.

beerchug.gif

I bought the PCIIIr and the IVANS TRE and had reservations about using them together.
Finally i installed them both and the bike is incredibly different.
Thanks anyway.

PS
Today i am going to buy an Akrapovic Racing, and i hope tomorrow my mechanic will be able to install it.

I bought the PCIIIr and the IVANS TRE and had reservations about using them together.
Finally i installed them both and the bike is incredibly different.
Thanks anyway.

PS
Today i am going to buy an Akrapovic Racing, and i hope tomorrow my mechanic will be able to install it.
Welcome to the board. When you get a chance, post pics of your Busa.

but your program map is very important .. because every city dont have the same atm. PRESSURE .... it is very important for performance...

raho_shoei2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the boards!

Where in Greece are you located? I had a great time visiting Greece years ago. I stayed in Corfu for some time. Athens too. You live in a beautiful country. And the Greek people are some of the warmest and honest people I have ever met.

I have the Akrapovic race pipes too on my 01. Excellent sound and good power. You will lose 20 pounds off the bike over stock exhaust. That helps performance greatly - both cornering and excelleration. A trick you might have your mechanic do is to add about 1.75 centimeter spacers between the engine block and the bracket that holds the radiators forward. The headers are more forward than stock pipes. These spacers move the radiators forward and provide clearance for the oil lines. Otherwise the headers will heat up the oil coming out of the cooler radiator and may damage the engine. I also wrapped the header pipes with ceramic fiber heat tape from the head down to below the oil cooler and that has cut most of the heat out from that area and my engine coolant runs cooler too. I am completely happy with the set up and like the way it runs ( TRE added).

Let us know how you do with the new pipes.

Welcome to the boards!

Where in Greece are you located? I had a great time visiting Greece years ago. I stayed in Corfu for some time. Athens too. You live in a beautiful country. And the Greek people are some of the warmest and honest people I have ever met.

I have the Akrapovic race pipes too on my 01. Excellent sound and good power. You will lose 20 pounds off the bike over stock exhaust. That helps performance greatly - both cornering and excelleration. A trick you might have your mechanic do is to add about 1.75 centimeter spacers between the engine block and the bracket that holds the radiators forward. The headers are more forward than stock pipes. These spacers move the radiators forward and provide clearance for the oil lines. Otherwise the headers will heat up the oil coming out of the cooler radiator and may damage the engine. I also wrapped the header pipes with ceramic fiber heat tape from the head down to below the oil cooler and that has cut most of the heat out from that area and my engine coolant runs cooler too. I am completely happy with the set up and like the way it runs ( TRE added).

Let us know how you do with the new pipes.
Thanks for your good words, i am located in Athens, and you are right, Greece is a beautifull place.

Finaly i changed my mind, and i bought a Yoshi TRI OVAL.
It sound great, although i dont know if i use the right map for the PCIIIr (312 - 012), because as i have already posted in modifications my YOSHI is the Japanese model and hasn't any crossovers on the headpipes. About the heat, until now i dont have any problem, maybe because Yoshimura are made for SUZUKI more than any other motorcycle brand as i know (maybe i am wrong).

post_11_61478_100_0009_IMG_m_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back