PCIII QUESTIONS

HAYABUSA413

Registered
I BOUGHT A USED 2001?? BUSA. I GOT IT CHEAP BECAUSE IT WAS CRASHED. NOTHING MAJOR, JUST PLASTICS. THE BODY IS BLACK, AND BLUE. I'VE BEEN TOLD THAT WAS FOR 2002 ONLY, THE ODOMETER SAID 1800 MILES, WHEN I GOT THE TITLE, IT SAID 6200 MILES, AND IT'S PRETTY CLEAR THAT THE MOTOR HAS BEEN OFF THE FRAME. I WANT TO GET A PCIII BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT YEAR TO ORDER IT FOR. IS THERE ANY WAY TO TELL IF THE ENGINE, AND CPU ARE 01 OR 02? THANKS IN ADVANCE

Take the part numbers (VIN) and serial numbers off everypart on your bike you are questioning. Next, call Suzuki motors with this information. They will be able to tell you exactly what you have.................

Customer Service at 714-572-1490. Customer service representatives are available from 8:30AM to 5 PM PST.  
or

Put your inquiry in a letter, including copies of all relevant documents (service records, etc.). Include the 17-digit vehicle identification number (VIN), your full name, mailing address, and day/evening phone numbers. Send via U.S. mail to:

American Suzuki
MC/ATV Customer Service
P.O. BOX 1100
Brea, CA 92822

Where do I find the VIN # (Vehicle Identification Number)?

The VIN is often located on the steering head portion of the frame. ATVs often have the VIN number located on a frame tube to the rear of the ATV, but it can be in other locations, depending upon the model. In later years (after 1980), the number is a full 17 digits. Each motorcycle and ATV Owner and Service Manual lists the location of the VIN and engine number. The Suzuki Model ID Guides offer even more information about VIN and engine number location, plus the VIN number range is included for each model to help Suzuki dealership personnel correctly identify the model in which a customer may be getting service or ordering parts for. In the early nineties, Suzuki instituted a frame program where street model replacement frames would receive an identification label which used a portion of the original VIN number. So if you have a late model Suzuki street motorcycle, even if it has received a replacement frame, it will have a VIN number or identification label on the steering head portion of the frame.

Thanks for the help, I'll try that. The bike has a clean title, thats the only reason i bought it. It wasn't till later that i noticed all those differences.

Back