pcIII or not?

killertiller

Registered
I got my 2006 busa with full yoshi exhaust and k&N air cleaner. It has a pcIII and seems to run rich. I was wondering if like my tlr1000 i can get the computer remapped and ditch the pcIII. If so how much can i sell the pcIII for? and does anyone on this site remap ecu's

The answer to your question is yes, you can get your ECU "remapped" but you'll need to find a tuner that knows how to tune using ECU editor. I just sold my PC3 for $185, by the way.

I got my 2006 busa with full yoshi exhaust and k&N air cleaner. It has a pcIII and seems to run rich. I was wondering if like my tlr1000 i can get the computer remapped and ditch the pcIII. If so how much can i sell the pcIII for? and does anyone on this site remap ecu's

Why not just have the Busa tuned to lean it out? Or you could send your ecu to Frank at Powerhouse to have him flash it for you and then tune it with the PC.

Get the ECU remapped with ECU Editor. Go to the ECU Hack Forum and there are many maps that other riders share and maybe close to what you need to at least get started.

I think currently there is a couple ECU flashers in the For Sale forums of 2 other sites. Save a few bucks. Connect ECU harness to the ECU as per the instructions and you can connect the flasher unit to it then to your laptop. Install the ECU Editor software and load a map and upload it to the ECU. Pretty simple. Lots of info on it at ECU hacking - ECU hacking.

thanks guys i been missing from thread cause vette has been acting up...lol. We have a real good tuner local i think its like 300 for the dyno tune. I rather just sell the pc and get my computer done myself with laptop. Would i need any special plugs? Or i rather just send it to someone on the baord and have them do it. On the tl site i guy was doing them for free, cant beat that.lolol

What's so wrong or bad about the pc3? Real honest info please....

Nothing, really - provided it's got the proper fuel map. Many Dyno shops are more comfortable tuning a PC3 or PCV then they are editing the ECU. In my case, I had the ECU editited to remove restrictions and timing retards but I use a PCV for the fuel map. If I could find a competent ECU tuner out here I would ditch the PCV because it would then become unnecessary.

Back