PCIII and custom tune....worth the money for my setup????

Amelio

Registered
So here is the deal....my bike..'06LE basicall all stock just small airbox mod, pair valve mod, 3 teeth up in rear and basically open exhaust (mid pipes cut.

I bout the bike with the exhaust like this...I liked it at first but got tired of the no muffler sound.....also the bike had a bad stumble down low which I thought was from the open exhaust.

My plans were to get a good full system a PCIII and a custome tune. Well Thanks to a member on here I just picked up a full Titainium system and intsalled it yesterday.... It sounds and looks great I love it. I went for a short ride after installing and instantly noticed the bike was making more power also the stumbles was gone.

Now my question is.......is it worh investing in a PCIII and a custom tune which will cost around $500 for both?

The reason I ask is mu brother has an '03 GSXR 750 with a full titainium akara exhaust.....his bike made 120hp...then he bought a PCIII and got a custome tune (local race shop) The bike picked up 10hp and 10 foot pounds.....this was also done on MC4 fuel.

So If I get the same results......to me it is not worth the money....right now the bike responds great has no stumble and makes sweet power ....plus I dont plan on running race fuel all the time.

What are your thoughts from those of you who have done a full system PC and custom tune????Are you seeing bigger results? Do you fel its worth the cost?

Generally speaking, you will get the MOST gains from your full system with a dyno/tune. FWIW, I am currently running a canned tune from Dynojet on my 09 but plan to get it a dyno/tune someday. From reading around here, bikes are LEAN from the factory so running a full system will make the bike run leaner.

for the most part I am curious to know what the bike will gain..... I am actually very plased with the bike now....my biggest issue was the stumble down low which the exhaust system fixed.

I know most stock Gen 1's put down roughly 150 and you may gain 5-6hp with a good full system system....how much more would I see to gain with a PCIII and custom map? I know mostly it is for getting the bike to run better quality wise and more responsive throttle but I have no complaints about that now.

At this point it would mostly be on a pure power gain and the cost to do it.

What kind of power are you guys putting down with a full system and custom map?

When I went full Yosh, bmc race and tune, I picked up 9 HP on my 06.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Go somewhere and pay $100 have it ran on dyno to see what bike is doing. Be sure guy gets your air fuel on graph, then decide. I do it for guys here and then if they want a dyno tune same day, I just apply the $100 towards their tune. If its just a slight tweaking needed and guys not looking for max hp, ill yosh box it and off they go happy.

Go somewhere and pay $100 have it ran on dyno to see what bike is doing. Be sure guy gets your air fuel on graph, then decide. I do it for guys here and then if they want a dyno tune same day, I just apply the $100 towards their tune. If its just a slight tweaking needed and guys not looking for max hp, ill yosh box it and off they go happy.

Thanks GoldenChild thats exactly what I was thinking of doing.....just to be sure everything on the up and up...honestly if everything is good with the current tune I would be happy leaving it the way it is the bike feels great! Of course if I could manage to do the same thing with my cars I would probably have more expendable cash:rofl: I have a huge hp addiction when it comes to my 4 wheeled toys just cant seem to ever have enough

Back