PCii/iii and TRE/ATRE

My tuner just recommends putting them on at the same time, mapping it on the dyno after and you have no worries. That way everything is programmed to operate together.

Are there PCIIIr or USB maps specific for use with an ATRE?I was led to believe the PCIIIr eliminates the need for a TRE.Is this not true?I am trying to figure out what electronics to start out with on my bike.I am fortunate to have places to hit the top-end limiter from time to time and it is getting frustrating.However,I also have other mods planned,such as exhaust,airbox,etc, which may require something along the lines of a Power Commander.Thought I understood,but now am not so sure.It's an '03 by the way.

Are there PCIIIr or USB maps specific for use with an ATRE?I was led to believe the PCIIIr eliminates the need for a TRE.Is this not true?I am trying to figure out what electronics to start out with on my bike.I am fortunate to have places to hit the top-end limiter from time to time and it is getting frustrating.However,I also have other mods planned,such as exhaust,airbox,etc, which may require something along the lines of a Power Commander.Thought I understood,but now am not so sure.It's an '03 by the way.
again you are getting confused.
real easy
TRE only if you plan on going faster than 186MPH

PC3 or PC3R for making the bike feel like it is suppose to

TRE and PC3/PC3R you need a custom map made.

PS if you do hit the limiter try gearing first

I thought I covered this?
rock.gif

Time for someone else to take over, I think I confused everyone, and maybe myself!
laugh.gif

Would this be a bad time for me to ask what a TRE actually is?
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1075251473 -->

Time for someone else to take over, I think I confused everyone, and maybe myself!
laugh.gif

rock.gif
JT2,

You cleared everything up fine for me. Now I just have to find out if my PCIIIR "custom map" has any timing changes. If not then I can just plug my TRE back in and be on my happy way.

Thanks again man,

Josh
blues.gif

laugh.gif

rock.gif
JT2,

You cleared everything up fine for me.  Now I just have to find out if my PCIIIR "custom map" has any timing changes.  If not then I can just plug my TRE back in and be on my happy way.

Thanks again man,

Josh
blues.gif
No worries, just playin with ya. I gave myself a headache staring at the screen and typing so long.

The real kickass piece of gear will be if they come out with a PC that can act a bit like the active TRE and map by gear. They could easily then combine a GPS feature to only goto to 5th gear map when in 6th to eliminate the top speed restrictor. Then you could simply go (-)5 degrees timing in 1-st-3rd PC maps (1000-4000rpm - 0-40% throttle) and you would eliminate the lower end factory retarders without the bike having to think it was in 5th all the time. This by gear mapping would also mean that the the other gears would not be affected like they are now by the normal TRE.

OK now i'm typing to long again. I have emailed PC with this suggestion.
smile.gif

Jus, great suggestion, I'm sure that the people on this board would be willing to let go of a couple of dollars for research and development of this idea, I know I would!
biggrin.gif

Back