PC5 with auto tune

Have you downloaded the MegaLogViewer HD software? It opens the PC5 csv files right up. Makes viewing the data real easy.

I am in Fenton.

Beast

Ok here we go. My mechanic has a pretty detailed explanation on how the auto tune works on here. I'll post the address at the end of this post so you can go right to it and the discussion with the other members. Just to give you a little feedback I have the PC5, secondary fuel module, ato tune and the quickshifter on a supercharged gen 2. The auto tune has performed excellently. I did do an original tune just to get a base map. Afterwards the theory was to let the auto tune make corrections as I rode. The auto tune makes corrections while you ride. After your ride you can plug it into a laptop and see what corrections (trims) it has made and decide whether or not to save the corrections. Here's how Jeff explained it.

Re: Supercharged Gen II
Originally Posted by Got-Busa?
Do you mind explaining this please...?
Sure no problem.The Auto Tune module connects to an expansion port on the Power Commander 5. It uses a wide band oxygen sensor (that you install in the exhaust system) to read the exhaust and determine the air fuel ratio that the engine is currently burning at by taking readings and inputing it into the PCv (Power Commander 5).

The PCV looks at the data stream from the auto tune and makes fuel changes on the fly based on what you have predetermined to be the optimal AFR (air fuel ratio) for that particular throttle and RPM within your fuel map.

It is kind of like driving around on a real world dyno that keeps adjusting your fueling to a predetermined Target AFR. When it makes changes it creates a table of trims that look allot like your fuel map. The next time you look at your data on your PCV (after a ride)you will have the option of applying those trims to your fuel table and zeroing the trims. Eventually the trims become smaller and smaller as your map becomes more accurate.

You start with the trims turned up so that the PCV can make large changes (up to 40% +- to fueling). as your map needs less and less change you turn down the trims to say 5% +-. That way if something happens like you get an exhaust leak and introduce a bunch of fresh air into the exhaust, it wont set the fuel to full rich to try and compensate and leave you with fouled plugs.

But....Rich never hurts your engine. Lean mixtures burn stuff up and cause detonation.

I hope that explains things better.

Those thinking you can burn anything up because of an auto tune module without intentionally doing really crazy things within the settings (and most likely outside the limits within the software) just don't understand how it works. The whole idea is to keep it safe and running at an optimal state of tune.

Here is where that discussion started within the thread. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/super-chargers/131915-supercharged-gen-ii-3.html

Born2burn

Have you tried doing a tune MAP based as opposed to TPS based? I use a PLX MAP sensor feeding pressure into the PC5. All midrange tuning is done MAP based. In my NA motors, I tend to do WOT tuning TPS based. Turbos are done entirely MAP based.

Beast

Back