PC3USB Question

mikev7

Registered
I was wondering about hand tuning a pc3usb and a pc3. I had my busa on the dyno and the tuner hand tuned it without hooking it up to a computer. How do i do it? I dont have the manuals cause i got both of them used.

If he didn't hook it up to a computer, was he at least using an A/F sniffer? The whole point of tuning the PC3 is using it's computer interface...I would be suspicious.

What was your dyno guy doing making the button adjustments and running a pull like AT said was he getting the A/F reading one of the reasons for haveing the PC3USB is so you can do adjustments with computor, also I think making adjustments with just the buttons does not put the adjustment in the PCs memory witch means you may lose it if your battery gets disconected I would find another dyno guy and get a proper fuel map done

What happened is i have the one with the serial bus port on my busa and he didnt have the chord for it. I was supposed to go back but instead of perfecting the busa i bought a 600. Price difference? Yes it is. He used a a/f meter on it.

I was wondering how i press the buttons to tune it like he did. He stuck his hand in the tail section and altered the mapping straight from the unit. I want to know how to do it so i can knock the richness off my 600 at 1/4 throttle. Whats the sequence?

From what I've learned, you aren't getting nearly the tuning capabilities out of the PC by using the buttons. You are only accessing like every 3rd value or something. YOu have to hook it up to a laptop to get a proper tune and access every value. Maybe it's different on the PC USB but I know that's how the PCIIIR works....

Ok, umm.. Im just trying to find out how to do it. Please someone answer my question before i do a bill and silent bob on some of you.

woot.gif

You push the little buttons on the Power COmmander...

Just read the manual to the power commander, you can find it online. You just have to push the buttons in the right sequence based on the exhaust analysis. I believe the previous statment is corrct about not getting the same resolution of RPM to A/F ratio. However, you don't have to worry about losing your map if you disconnect the battery, the map will remain on flash memory. It would be interesting to compair the map with one done with the unit connected to a computer. You can alwasy download the Map from the unit yourself.

I couldnt find the manual on the pc website though. I was hoping someone could have just told me. Unfortunately i see some of you read the previous posts and now im the joke of the day. Thats alright though. Ill find out how to do it.

You DO have a decent A/F sniffer, don't you? If not, don't change anything...the PC will let you do pretty much whatever you want with the fuel, and you can REALLY screw things up if it's not done just right. So if you're doing the tuning on a 600, did you buy new PC3 for the 600, or are you using the old Busa one?

You've totally lost me...any everyone else, I suspect.

Wait, so your dyno tuner didn't have the proper tools to do his job?

That's like mounting tires for a customer and telling him you don't have a balancer.

I couldnt find the manual on the pc website though. I was hoping someone could have just told me. Unfortunately i see some of you read the previous posts and now im the joke of the day. Thats alright though. Ill find out how to do it.
No ones joking on you. We are just trying to understand what you need. In the process we are trying to inform you that using the buttons on the PC to tune the bike is a horrible idea. You aren't getting near the tuning ability by using the buttons and need a computer and cord to get the bike a proper tune....
winkold.gif

See manual above....
peace.gif

You DO have a decent A/F sniffer, don't you? If not, don't change anything...the PC will let you do pretty much whatever you want with the fuel, and you can REALLY screw things up if it's not done just right. So if you're doing the tuning on a 600, did you buy new PC3 for the 600, or are you using the old Busa one?

You've totally lost me...any everyone else, I suspect.
Wow this site moves fast. The 600 has its own pc3usb on it. The busa has a older pc3. Can i use a busa pc on a 600? I would know this stuff but i got both of the pc's used with no instructions. I will try that link though. I think i dont wanna mess stuff up but i would like to know my pc.

When i open the 6 up i get all kinds of flat spots in the upper rpms. I might mess round with and if i screw up i can just reset it. It is going to the dyno for some tuning some day though. I also have dont carb work and i know how to read the bikes af ratio by feel and sound.

I was wondering about hand tuning a pc3usb and a pc3. I had my busa on the dyno and the tuner hand tuned it without hooking it up to a computer. How do i do it? I dont have the manuals cause i got both of them used.
Each button controls a range of rpm values. The button ranges are determined by taking the rpm range for your vehicle and dividing it into thirds. The buttons adjust fuel for all throttle positions within the specified rpm range.

low button"â€￾from 0 to the bottom third of the rpm range.
mid button"â€￾the middle third of the rpm range.
high button"â€￾the upper third of the rpm range.

USING BUTTON MODE TO INCREASE OR DECREASE FUEL
To use button mode:

1 Depress all three buttons (low, mid, and high) on the PCIII USB front panel simultaneously while powering up. The middle two LEDs will light showing that the PCIII USB is set to button mode with zero fuel adjustment.

2 Press the low button once to add more fuel when your vehicle is operating in the low range. The LED above the zero position in the positive (+ fuel) direction will light showing more fuel is being added.

3 Press the button again to add additional fuel in that range.

4 Hold the button (low, mid, or high) down steadily to decrease the amount of fuel. You will see the LEDs light in the negative (- fuel) direction indicating that fuel is decreased.

5 Repeat the steps for each button.

Thanks night crawler.

I was expecting peeps to come and procrastinate answering the question for fun since the first few didnt answer it, red bro. Its what i would have done..
cool.gif

Back