PC2/ Laptop communication BLUES

OB_Mambo Kid

Registered
Before disabling the infrared port, try setting the "port finder" to "auto."

You can disable the infrared port in CMOS. Start up the laptop and press F2 before it starts loading Windows(you may see a "press F2" on screen when the laptop is booting; not always). You'll get the CMOS setup screen. Use the cursor keys to go to "setup," "peripherals" or something similar--it varies. Select comm port, usually you have to press the spacebar to change the settings--it should go thru enabled, disabled and perhaps other settings. Select the one you want, press esc and when asked, answer "save & quit." That should do it. If not, send me e-mail and I'll give you a phone number and you can call me if that is of any help.

Anyone had trouble getting their laptop and PC2 to talk to each other? I keep getting a "port not set" error. Have tried everything, reboot, bike on/ off. kill switch on/off, reconnect/ disconnect cables, checked COM1 port status in "control panel" , checked connections to cpu. Its a new HP laptop so i doubt its messed up!

try setting port to auto, my toshiba had a beef till i did that

I had the same problem. Seems my laptop had an Infared port. Had to disable it, and all worked great.

Gary

Back