PC-V and auto tune

card16969

Registered
Has anybody tried the power commander V and the auto tune module.... the idea of constant mapping and variation on running condition is a great idea but the question is what kind of difference does it make, does it actually work and is it worth 460 for both units (what ive found the whole setup for online)

it doesn't auto tune. you set a point and ride then after some riding you have to import the map.
let see 12.00 for a harness 250-300 for mapping ecu editor??????? yeah 460 sound good

it doesn't auto tune. you set a point and ride then after some riding you have to import the map.
let see 12.00 for a harness 250-300 for mapping ecu editor??????? yeah 460 sound good

i started doing alot of reading on the editor and honestly after reading this thread ( https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/dyno-kings/152695-ecu-editor-dyno-operator-videos.htm ) it brought up alot of good points especially considdering that my dyno tuner is one of my best friends and does it for free for me so i dont waste his time when he doesnt use editor at all it doesnt make sense to try to get him to use a new software etc...

And according to the website you upload the base map and install the auto tune and the 02 sensors and it adjusts that map real time while riding ..... kinda contradicts what your saying.....

Auto Tune Kit, Autotune, Power Commander AutoTune

read again it does not adjust anything while riding

Once installed, the Auto Tune kit monitors the fuel mixture (by installing the included Wide Band O2 sensor in the exhaust). It then sends this information to the Power Commander V and automatically corrects it while you ride <----- doesnt that say it corrects while you ride?

Once installed, the Auto Tune kit monitors the fuel mixture (by installing the included Wide Band O2 sensor in the exhaust). It then sends this information to the Power Commander V and automatically corrects it while you ride <----- doesnt that say it corrects while you ride?

your money I guess you have a TRE as well:banghead:
like I said 460.00 vs 300.00 and you have a tuner that doesn't want to learn
nuf said

JC you say it doesn't adjust while riding and the product website seems to say it does?
So instead of addressing that concern you insult the guy?

no i dont have a tre actually lol and 300+ paying for someone else to dyno it and it only being tuned at that temperature and air density or 460 and have any additional tuning that i need done for free.... and no he really doesnt want to learn considering he owns a harley shop and 95% of the tuning he does is on harleys....... btw im not just some idiot i actually am a graduate of MMI who graduated with honors in both BMW and Honda... im asking if anyone has tried using the pcV and what their opinions on it are. Not looking for someone to sit here and tell me im an idiot for not using ecu tune. There is no perfect tuning for anything there are always variables and both ecu tune and power commander have their advantages and ecu tune isnt for everyone (as ive seen MANY ppl on here say even some of the ppl who push ecu tune hard).... but you feel the need to insult someone and tell them they are wrong just because they are asking for opinions on a new product.... Isnt that what the ORG. is for is to learn from other peoples experiences?

call dyno jet. no wideband o2 sensor can make changes to the map that quick and be correct.
as for changes in the altitude and weather that is what your oem sensors are for unless you change by more than 3k feet. that is why you data logg to go fasr and not use auto tune to race
no insulting just stating the obious

call dyno jet. no wideband o2 sensor can make changes to the map that quick and be correct.
as for changes in the altitude and weather that is what your oem sensors are for unless you change by more than 3k feet. that is why you data logg to go fasr and not use auto tune to race
no insulting just stating the obious

really no 02 sensor can make a change to a map and be correct ..... kind of funny modern wideband o2 sensor takes aprox 100 readings per second and influences the fuel mapping on a engine.... and as far as altitude weather etc yes your stock computer reads those and adjusts for them but your add on map that you create keeps the values that are programmed into it a smart tuning system changes depending on the readings its getting in. When you tune a motor at 70degrees and you put it back on the dyno at 90 degrees the values that you entered at 70 are going to be wrong because the density of air changes with air temperature and humidity levels. Thas why a motor produces more power on a cold day because of the denser air. So there for the values that you entered into your fuel map are set to adjust for the running condition of that motor at the temperature it was tuned at. Just like a speedometer... after a certain speed they become inacurate the same with a fuel map becomes inaccurate outside of the temperature and air density it was tuned at. Thats the reason o2 sensors are used for tuning because it reads the output of the exhaust to adjust the mapping. Do you really think a company like dynojet is going to advertise that their product can map on the fly when it cant.. Just like during their dyno training class which yes i did take in school will tell you exactly what i just told you about tuning and that tuning is not exact and dyno results change day to day and so will your readings.

I have the Autotune with PCV on my Gen 2... after a year trying and testing it i can tell you its a POS..... it does NOT tune in real time and only adds SUGGESTED values to a target that you set earlier in PCV,,, then you can import the adjusted values on your existing map (if you like them)....

Does it improve anything.... NO... it only F***** my map and if you have access to trained and experienced tuners why bother???

Just my 2cents

Check out this video:

apparently, the auto tune does work...
But I'm not an expert.
Some one with more experience please speak now or for ever hold your peace !

I'm thinking of getting one, I already have a PCV.
Just one thing:
Does anybody knows if the auto tune sensor fits in the stock collector box, ie, can one simply remove the OEM sensor and screw in the Donojet one? Or is any mod needed?
An important thing: For the auto tune to work, one has to disable the PAIR system.

I had one on my 1800cc harley. It tuned on the fly within limits i.e. 20% . You then accepted the tune and it again tunes. Repeat until
hardly any changes take place and the tune is done. Usually 4 or 5 runs do it. I did watch a dynamic tune on a dyno where the max hp
went from 82 to 91 in about 10 seconds as the box did its thing.

The bike ran well and did 91 hp SAE on the dyno. I then had a full tune done with a TTS tuner on a dyno and $700 later had exactly
the same horsepower I got with the PCV. The only diff is I now have a flashed ECU and no need for a PCV inline. Guess I could have saved $700 if I'd known the results would be the same.

Back