Pc usb accelerator pump upgrade

alwayzOn2

Registered
Hello all,

Wanted to let everyone know that on www.powercommander.com you can download a new function for the USB PC. It is called the "Accelerator Pump" upgrade and it acts like the accelerator pump in a carburator except you control when it works. It just increases the fuel to the engine for a short period of time. I have run the upgrade, but I am not sure that I like the results. Please let me know if you have run it and what your thoughts on it are.

Thanks and awesome board!

I have downloaded it, but haven't run it in the PC yet... I think there is a thread on this - give me a little while.
BTW - welcome! Around here we need pics - and since you are from D.C., you might want to hook up with Cuffee and a couple of others so we can get the group tour of the monuments - especially since there is nothing like Busai in Rolling Thunder on the Mall and at the Wall!

Thanks for the heads up
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the Madness
tounge.gif

Thanks MC! Yeah, the pics will come next week after the undertail goes on. It would definitely be cool to get a group of bad ass busas together for Rolling Thunder next year!

As far as the "Acc Pump" feature, I think that I need to set the threshold higher because it kicks in when I come to a light and give the throttle a quick roll...then it idles at 2200 rpm for a bit. I used the recommended settings for street bikes as it states in their install guide. Lemme know what you think when you get around to running it.

Sooooo, what is the purpose of this Acc Pump?
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|boribusa69
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155162292 -->

Sooooo, what is the purpose of this Acc Pump?
rock.gif
Fixes the initial quick flat spot on a fast crack of the throttle. I saw where my fuel are ratio went to 17 to 1 on the dyno when I cracked the throttle fast. Turned the accelerator function on to 92% sensitivity 40% fuel 30 engine rotations. Problem solved and spike went away so it works.  
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|GPW
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155269528 -->

I just got/install my PC3USB and fixing to remove it from the bike to upload another map to it. Figured I might as well do this at the same time. No negatives from doing it, right? Just want to make sure so I don't have to pull the PC3 out again.
smile.gif

Thanks!

I've downloaded, but have not programmed the PCIII yet.

Anyone else used it yet, and what settings worked for you??

Somebody told me that when one guy that has it activated,and he blips his throttle like at a stop light,his bike dang near floods out,whats up with that?
rock.gif

(nitrousjunkie @ Sep. 11 2006,03:flamethrowing:) Somebody told me that when one guy that has it activated,and he blips his throttle like at a stop light,his bike dang near floods out,whats up with that?
rock.gif
NJ,
Shibumi and I turned in on on his bike and that is exactly what happened. I don't think we made it out of the driveway before we pulled the hump and shut it off.

Don

I've installed it with the street setting and my bike runs fine. It does feel a little more responsive, so guess it works?? I have no problems laying rubber when pinning the throttle in 1st gear.
smile.gif

Back