pc problem with gen1 newbie

As its a 24FA0 does this mean it will be awkward to buy electronics for? at least I know what year it is. And the pc2 is hardwired not plugged in.
So with regards to the maps does anyone have any idea's. As I still cant open any maps in the pc program which I find is odd.

I googled the # is definitely a 2001 ecu,which the pc2 does work on,funny I had never seen the 24FAO before.

I Googled it as well and I found one reference where someone suggested they thought it was a 2001 but nothing confirming that suggestion. The list I provided is from Suzuki. That ECU number is not in the list for a 2001 or any other year. Maybe it's different numbering for different countries.

As its a 24FA0 does this mean it will be awkward to buy electronics for? at least I know what year it is. And the pc2 is hardwired not plugged in.
So with regards to the maps does anyone have any idea's. As I still cant open any maps in the pc program which I find is odd.

I'm not sure what year that ECU goes with since it isn't anywhere in the list from Suzuki - at least for US models.

I think you have two issues. The first issue is that you can't open maps in your PC2 software. You might try reinstalling the software or even try a different computer/laptop and see if that resolves the problem.

The second issue is determining what year your ECU is so you know what model PowerCommander can be used and/or if the ECU can be edited.

I'm not sure what year that ECU goes with since it isn't anywhere in the list from Suzuki - at least for US models.

I think you have two issues. The first issue is that you can't open maps in your PC2 software. You might try reinstalling the software or even try a different computer/laptop and see if that resolves the problem.

The second issue is determining what year your ECU is so you know what model PowerCommander can be used and/or if the ECU can be edited.

I also just googled it and it shows a ecu on Suzuki parts site for a k1 which I'm guessing is 2001.

But how will I know if the ecu can be edited.
Dam nothing is ever simple for me lol

I am in the UK so that might explain the difference in part no's

I also just googled it and it shows a ecu on Suzuki parts site for a k1 which I'm guessing is 2001.

But how will I know if the ecu can be edited.
Dam nothing is ever simple for me lol

I am in the UK so that might explain the difference in part no's

the 2001 is a 16bit ECU, similar to the 1999 and 2000 model. Ecu Editor works with 32bit ECUs... 2002 and up. The main difference between the 99-00 and the 01 is that the 01 uses the same wiring harness as the 2002+ models so if you wanted to upgrade, you would just need to get a 32bit ECU and Rotor. You don't need to move any wires around in the ECU connectors like you do with the 99-00 models. Also, having the same wiring harness as the 2002+ means that you can plug a PCV directly into it ( after upgrading). On the 99-00 harness you have to either build an adapter harness, change the connectors on the PCV or completely replace the wiring harness so that the PCV will connect.

i am going to do the tre mod and wanted to know if it is worth doing the small airbox mod

thanks

Sounds like someone having fun, but the TRE is widely recognized as a no go. The airbox is flowing more than enough air with the stock header, but experts will be along. I'm not one.

Sounds like someone having fun, but the TRE is widely recognized as a no go. The airbox is flowing more than enough air with the stock header, but experts will be along. I'm not one.

IMO I have to disagree with the TRE being a no go when it comes to 16bit busa's (99-01) The reason is that since you cannot easily edit the ECU to remove the retard timing on the lower gears, the TRE is really the only way to do that. I had a TRE on my 2000 when I had the 16bit ECU and it does make a difference. True, it runs a little rich in the lower gears because it is fooling the ECU in thinking that it is in 6th gear, but it never caused me a problem but made a significant difference in smoothing out the performance in the lower gears.

I agree that with 2002+ busa's (or earlier models with 32bit upgrades) the TRE doesn't make sense. Getting the ECU edited removes the retard timing but doesn't cause a overly rich fuel condition in the lower gears like the TRE does. That is one of the reasons I upgraded to a 32bit ECU.

So much info. Lol cheers ppl

So really I should just wait and upgrade to a 32 bit ecu. Do I just need to buy one off the shelf as standard or from a certain place with editing already done?

Buy a used ECU and Rotor. You need to replace both if you're going to do the upgrade. I found mine on eBay. Then you can send the ECU to POWERHOUSE to have it edited. Or, you could buy an ECU Editor set up and learn to do it yourself. The hardest thing you'll have to do is swap the rotor and that isn't very difficult either. You can also get a PCV and install that.

just to update the bike is now remapped with pc2 and running a lot better.

Does anyone know where i can find details on the r1 throttle tube mod?

I have a 2001 with a PC2 and a full Micron system I sometimes feel like the bike is running rich when I put the spurs to her. I am told this is normal, and she does pull like a freight train at WOT.

Back