pc problem with gen1 newbie

followthebusa

Registered
Hi ppl im a newbie here just looking for some advice with regards to an 2002 model i just bought.
Can anyone help with pc2 software? I have the correct program but when ever i download a map it reads error or file corrupt when trying to load it.

Also does anyone know if my bike will have an o2 sensor fitted as standard?

thanks to who every can help

List mods to your bike. Power commander??? Flashed ECU??? What was the original problem with the bike???

It only has a pair of cans fitted and a pc2. Only just bought it and old owner didn't seem to know how he mapped it or which map he used so I would just like to 're map to make sure.
Also does the 02 model have an o2 sensor that I should remove?

Sorry yeah just a pair of slip ons

I might be downloading pc3 but without plugging in to pc the software still won't show me any map that I download just says corrupt or error.

The old pc2's used to die without warning but gladly are easy to remove.
Maps are likely to be US derived and if the PC2 is UK spec it may show some errors....IMO the bike is better without it until serious mods are done.

Contacted pc direct and they say I can use pc3 maps.
The pc2 is working I havnt plugged it in to laptop yet. Just wanted to make sure I could get the maps loaded into the pc software first. Which is when I get error code.
Should my year have an o2 sensor and is it worth doing the small airbox mod.

Thanks for the replies guys

Not certain about the Euro models. American bikes didn't come with O2 until 2008. For the mods you have just unplug the PC. You haven't really made a change to the flow through that bike. Certainly not enough to worry about.

Not certain about the Euro models. American bikes didn't come with O2 until 2008. For the mods you have just unplug the PC. You haven't really made a change to the flow through that bike. Certainly not enough to worry about.

i am going to do the tre mod and wanted to know if it is worth doing the small airbox mod

thanks

Hi ppl im a newbie here just looking for some advice with regards to an 2002 model i just bought.
Can anyone help with pc2 software? I have the correct program but when ever i download a map it reads error or file corrupt when trying to load it.

Also does anyone know if my bike will have an o2 sensor fitted as standard?

thanks to who every can help

2002 will not use a PC2 PERIOD:banghead:
pc3or5

No in the black strip on top of the sticker
32920-24FA0
no in the white is
112100-0720

I'm guessing one of you will no what they mean

Double check your number. That "A" doesn't fit. Here are the ECUs by year:

Year ECU
2007 32920-24FK0
2006 32920-24FK0