PC for 100% stock bike.

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
I recently ran across someone selling a Power Commander for $50. He wrecked his '04 Zook 1000 and is taking out all the nik-naks before the insurance company takes the bike. As of this moment he doesn't plan to ride again which is why he's selling it.

My question is, would a 100% stock Busa benefit from a PC alone? My only problem is, I have no knowledge as to which version it is.

The Busa and 1k have different part numbers for the PCs, so it probably wouldn't work anyway. And on a completely stock bike it wouldn't make any difference.

Agree , better check to make sure it will work on your Busa but yes a PC3 can make a difference on a stock bike.
It wont add any horsepwoer but it could smooth out the throttle some if you get a custom map made for it...I have heard of guys
even saying a zero map makes a difference.

Agree , better check to make sure it will work on your Busa but yes a PC3 can make a difference on a stock bike.
It wont add any horsepwoer but it could smooth out the throttle some if you get a custom map made for it...I have heard of guys
+1

Oh okay. I figured for 50 bucks I'd take a shot, but its pointless if it won't work on the Busa.

Thanks all.

I put a pc on my old 01 gixxer6....stock.....I am not saying it was like night and day,But there was definitely a difference.It seemed like it smoothed it out.

I ran it 100% stock before I added my full system. I felt a little difference but thought the bike ran better without it. However, with the new BDE, Pair/sucker mod, and airbox mod; IT MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE!!

+1... I put one on Train before I done exhaust and with Johnnycheese's map for stock with slip-ons the bike rode and shifted soooooooooo much smoother. His map defintely improved rideability. Couldn't tell it added any power but the smoothness in shifting was worth it. So yes, there are benefits to using a PC on a stock bike...

Back