Pay Pal

heavybusa

Just another guy
Donating Member
Registered
As most of you know I have been having some PayPal issues lately.

I have been a US Premier and verified member with them, in good standing since 2002.

Recently I bought a new house and changed my phone and address.

Ofcourse PayPal wanted to verify my information, so they put my account in limited access status until that is done.

No problem, I get all of it done and submitted. You would think that this would lift the restriction.

Well, I get an e-mail from them stating that my account is related to another account is a bad standing. They do not provide any information about the other account.

When I call their lovely customer service center, they not only cant help but have no information what so ever about the related account.

After countless e-mails and phone calls I learn that my worthless brother used my previous address and an old e-mail account I set up for him to screw PayPal out of 250 dollars.

There is a long story between my brother and my family. He does not communicate with any one, not even our mom and has screwed a lot of people out of money.

So now I realize that unless I pay his debt I am screwed out of my long standing status with PayPal.
But if I pay the money he there is potential that he could do this again.

I call PayPal (again) to see what my options are, and surprisingly they have nothing. They use their customers as collection agencies and do not offer any solution.

She proceeds to tell me that if I set up a new account with all new information that PayPal will just link it back to my old account and then back to his.

I am so angry right now, not only is my reputation tarnished, but my money is frozen, and my business is slowed.

Has anyone else had issues? Is there an alternative to PayPal?

Thanks for letting me vent.
rant.gif

so that is what i have to look foreward to when i move in the spring.
sad.gif

Ever hear the story of Kane and Able ... ?

<marquee>Sorry, bad joke.</marquee>

If they have no info on the bad account, does that suggest it has been closed? If so, your brother shouldn't be able to use it again. Assuming that's the case, just pay the $250 and be done with it. If you are using it for business purposes, you may end up losing more than $250 in potential sales if you don't resovle this.

so that is what i have to look foreward to when i move in the spring.[/Quote]

only if you have worthless family, the verification piece wasnt bad.

(Spigga @ Oct. 14 2006,14:51) Ever hear the story of Kane and Able ... ?

<marquee>Sorry, bad joke.</marquee>

If they have no info on the bad account, does that suggest it has been closed? If so, your brother shouldn't be able to use it again. Assuming that's the case, just pay the $250 and be done with it. If you are using it for business purposes, you may end up losing more than $250 in potential sales if you don't resovle this.
I agree, I am researching that path now.

I just have a bad tastse toward PayPal right now.

1 )Pay the dough.
2) Go to the pantry find large # 10 tin can of whoop @**.
3) Visit brother.

or get a CC machine of your own.
or become a Western Union agent.

(TIMMYDUCK @ Oct. 14 2006,16:49) 1 )Pay the dough.
2) Go to the pantry find large # 10 tin can of whoop @**.
3) Visit brother.

or get a CC machine of your own.
or become a Western Union agent.
Like I mentioned earlier, he has a long history of bullshib like this.

So he knows the taste of the large # 10 can

Thats the tough part, I am completely happy with the ease of PayPal. I'd hate to rely on WU or MG.

i would not pay it.
it is not for you to pay your brothers debts. i have ran into almost the same situation with my brother. if you run a business using paypal just get a credit card machine, someone could pay you threw there credit card then. the truth is when i use paypal i allways pay with a credit card. there customer service is the nightmare of the living dead. here is a link about the naughty naughty of paypal
http://www.paypalsucks.com/
here is the link to set up a credit card acceptance account
http://www.cardservicesales.com/?wcw=go....l+sucks

There's always them Yankee greenbacks... of course it limits you to dealing only with the fine folks on this board.

cool.gif

inform paypal that witholding $250 is borderline grand Theft in the Federal Gov't eyes and the fines for that are substantial to a NON BANK institution acting as one. You can get your money and you should get your money. Their lack of account validation means nothing to you. They keep track of IP addys etc. They are just trying to get their money back with any means possible. I'll bet one attorneys letter will get this solved quickly.

They have the market locked up right now. There really is no other one that people use as a general rule like Paypal. Seems like everyone has a paypal account now. However once there is a problem they are a horror at fixing things. I know they are trying to protect people but they make it really hard to fix things you are involved in. Once they feel you are no good, you are no good for life just like Ebay does to you. I have no idea who you are or your personal life, but do you have a family member who could open up an account with there address and checking account that you could use? Just another option. Try the 1 800 number again and try to get a supervisor on the phone and see if you can explain the whole story, try to set up new account for just you. You have a good track record with them prior to your brother incident. Wish I had helpful advice for you. Good luck!!

(extreemachine @ Oct. 16 2006,23:15) They have the market locked up right now. There really is no other one that people use as a general rule like Paypal. Seems like everyone has a paypal account now. However once there is a problem they are a horror at fixing things. I know they are trying to protect people but they make it really hard to fix things you are involved in. Once they feel you are no good, you are no good for life just like Ebay does to you. I have no idea who you are or your personal life, but do you have a family member who could open up an account with there address and checking account that you could use? Just another option. Try the 1 800 number again and try to get a supervisor on the phone and see if you can explain the whole story, try to set up new account for just you. You have a good track record with them prior to your brother incident. Wish I had helpful advice for you. Good luck!!
Thanks for the info, so their supervisor staff sucks. I can tell you that first hand.

These guys dont care, she said that if his account does not turn good after 6 months it will chargeoff and be sent to a collection agency at which point my account will be closed and my money will be sent to me.

She also said that I will never be able to open another account with any information that is the same as my current account. So that excludes my girlfriend and on a personal note I would never lean on anyone else to front a paypal account for me.

I am so frustrated because I pride myself on doing the right thing and would never pull a stunt like this now I have to pay for his mistake yet again.

I have an idea, find your brother and squeeze the money from him. Make him responsible for HIS actions even if he doesn't want to be. Not an easy thing to do but when done it WILL stop this from happening in the future. You may want to explian to him that identity theft is a FEDERAL charge that WILL get his anus stretched! (also against his will)
Tough call my friend, buy letting it slide by is the same as condoning the action.

Back