Password Protection

G

Big dog, where are you? can this site be made password protected? It would stop the insanity.

Steves, even if you could do it, how are you going to choose who gets the password and who loses theirs?

We're all sugarbritches here, in various degrees. Otherwise, what would we be doing on these silly bikes?

As Dazee has observed, it's all about free speech.

How come you're more than one Steve?

What I mean is that you register with your real name and email ect. like Dragbike.Com then your given a password by the moderater. Most people wont go to far in talking smack while using their real name and if they do they are kicked off the site. Most people wont go to the trouble of registering unless their serious.

Free speech is great as long as it makes sense and its not mindless babble.

I've posted my name, street address, telephone number and e-mail on this site, have you?

If you insist that speech make sense to you and that it not be what you consider to be "mindless babble,' then you're against free speech.

Most people think free speech is speech they agree with.

Hey gals/guys I'll bring the raw fish that will go with the beer,Hawaiian style with hot chili-pepper water and soyu mix that we'll use to dip our fish in "sushi".Hey what the heck it's a Japanese bike.Dam I'm getting hungry.Ops bike website not food/beer site!!!

Dirty Pete.) 1 point

Steves.) 0 point

Free Speach.) 1 point

There are plenty of threads just pick the ones you have interest in. Or should we segregate into strict little groups:

Drag Racing

Road Racing

Sport Touring

What we have here is a melting pot of ideas and inspirations, sort of like the "American Way".
At least there is no racial bias here(unless you consider defending Hayabusa Honor from the Green Kawpukes racial)

Beautiful example of thread trashing. At 7:00 PM ON 7/9 Steves starts a thread on password protection. By 2:05PM on 9/8 the thread has been turned into a joke about free speech, beer and fish. The free speech/beer/fish boys crowded out any discussion of the password protection suggestion in less than 24 hours.

Yes, mindless babble is free speech. But here is a typical example how mindless babble drowned out someone else's free speech.

The best we can hope for on an open forum is self censorship - thinking about what you are going to post before you do it. AND there is always the option of DELETING YOUR OWN POSTS if you have second thought about what you said (fish, beer etc.).

I like Steves idea.

Sherm and Steves, would you consider starting a new Hayabusa .Org Censorship and Good Taste Review Board for us?

Many of us just can't help ourselves. We cuss, we don't respond well to authority, we run off on tangents without warning, we laugh when we're supposed to be serious, snot comes flying out our nose when Citizens get pompous, and we've been getting in trouble ever since we were in school.

If all postings could only go through you for editing and general approval, then this site would be a clean and decent place to visit once again.

With your help, I'm sure we could become contributing members of society, and of this website too.

Please, give us just one more chance.

KawAbuser, I wouldn't segregate. We all learn from each other. For instance I'm mainly interesting in track days/racing and carving up country roads, but I learn a lot that I can put into practice from the committed drag guys here and hopefully they pick up some useful stuff from me and others like me.

RACIAL BIAS...now there's an interesting idea KawAbuser. Maybe could segregate according to to our race, ethicity, religion and motorcycling interests.

Jews who drag in one forum, whites with serious mechanical problems in another, Orientals with war guilt and touring luggage in another...

Let's put it to a vote!

I so much must apolagize for making a suggestion that might better the site.

Free Speech all the way,the melting pot of information on motorcycle issues and some issues on bragging rights "who's faster" or what ever,any way Keep it Free.

Yeh. Free speech and how can I make those little smiley faces with the tongue sticking out anyway. And how come I'm only a member. i want to be a senior member.
:-)

SOREHEAD: The smiley face :) is made by typing a colon then a right parenthesis with no space between. The frowny face :( is a colon then a left parenthesis.

To become a Senior Member, you must send a case of your best Irish beer to all other Senior Members via UPS today.

Or you could just type hundreds more free speech posts until your designation changes by itself.

Back