passenger footpeg/ exhaust bracket removal

I did my gen1 i think its the same for the gen2...just pull rear plastic off there is only one bolt..that i remember..

Heres a pic i found with them removed

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322299186.032254.jpg

i did to have my powdercoated... pretty simple. are you wondering how? or how it looks without them?

if you are wondering how, you just remove the seat, the rear plastics, and its two allen bolts per bracket. they are tighter than hell, and have locktite on them. But pretty simple!

Just a thought for you, if you trailer your bike they're great tie-down points. Only reason mine are still on.

You don't really need to remove the tailpiece. Just take all fasteners out, spread the tail from front and lift it up a bit. This will expose the bracket bolts. There are two and as mentioned they are tight. Best to use a 1/2 ratchet with Allen head socket. You won't be able to get them out with just an Allen wrench, unless your the Hulk or put a pipe on end of Allen wrench giving you more torque.

If you take the tail plastic off don't forget to change the rear brake fluid. Should change it every other year or so. You can't get to it without taking the tail off?!!!

yes, took them off as everyone has explained how to. And to me it just looked incomplete and left a hole where at least to me it may have well been missing the whole tail as it just wouldn't pass muster. So I bought a extra set of rear pegs ,cut them down to make plugs for the holes ,powder coated and wala... All better now. But during the last tear down color change I ended up putting stock coated pegs back on. I do have the plugs I made for sale in the classifieds now if that's what your wanting to do but your not wanting to destroy your stockers in case you ever want them back on.

DSCN6530.jpg

DSCN6632.jpg

DSCN7962.jpg

Back