Passenger backrest alternative...

02spool

Registered
Did this a little while back, thought I would share for those with a ventura rack system.
Had to buy the smaller rack(used ebay 40$ shipped) and then found a new Harley back rest(CL 45$ shipped)locally.
Used what I had lying around to put it together. Came out great and works just as well- very sturdy.
Any interested in doing this ,can email phone # me for specifics. Do not even know what type of clamps were used.... as I said , used what was in my junk drawer.:laugh: Great piece of mind, was the outcome.:thumbsup:
Pics from our recent trip. Rack makes for a nice day trip as opposed to the - Wife backpack system. :whistle:

DSC01945.jpg

DSC01901.jpg

DSC01902.jpg

DSC01903.jpg

DSC01904.jpg

This looks nice. It looks like it was designed that way. Good job. I may be interested in doing this. Thanks for sharing.

I like that, very nice and your passenger must be thankful. My wife wants me to make something like that. But I like the backpack rack idea.
Two thumbs up my friend.

Thanks guys, Badnasty08.., my wife would TOTALLY disagree with you, she has prob. 30,000 to 40,000 miles on the busa(3 of them) since 02.
Probably more than most put on their bike over all.
Put this back rest on, as we both ride less than in the past. Always was confident in her, but now feel way less STRESS . See my Barber post here, to see how rewarding it is to share your passion with those most close to you.

To each their own....BTW she has been on the 750 exactly 0 times! Took the pegs off as soon as I got it. See we agree, but in a diff. way, Cheers!

not bad looking but i would be careful hauling passengers because the ventura rack is not built to support passenger weight.

I did this simply as a fail safe. She does not use it as one, nor do I condone the use of a ventura rack other than its intended design.
The fact that she likes it there, is all that matters. Thought she might be offended, as questioning her abilities. One less worry for me also.

I also have the Ventura rack, just saying be careful, that could be dangerous.

This looks awesome , ventura racks are plenty strong enough - its all ive ever used on my road bikes.
Keen to know more bout this set-up. :beerchug:

Canab thanks but will have to refrain from further discussion as this is being purposely derailed:banghead:

Let me expand my point and hope others will also.
Twotone ... That was a general and baseless sentence you made, care to explain.??? BTW ,IF OUR LAST EXCHANGE ON THE RAISING LINKS THREAD wrinkled your nose, respond then, not in this thread. I even told you not to take it the wrong way.....

Let me make this clear this MOD TO MY BIKE, IS FOR ME AND MY WIFE. We have used and still do- a buddy belt forever. This BACK STOP(think baseball)is there, not for her to take a break and lounge. It is in case there are mitigating circumstances beyond our control.
IT very well could save her life???
She questioned its worth before riding with it, one ride and she loved the feeling of security! Will be on the bike always,except for the track, were it could be a liability. BTW what diff. does a soft cushion make as opposed to a piece of metal pipe?
She has never even been back against it. We ride the bike like it was intended and now make use of the rack. Did a backpack previously'

Twotone there are pictures on here, of you 2-up with your wife touching the ground with her hand in a corner-DANGEROUS :whistle:???

So please expand on your " BRIEF" ,quickly written observation:please:

Ironically, my other thread here about Barber, harkens back to the raising links ? in the MODS FORUM. The links and a 55 rear tire probably saved me from a low side.
The gen 2 esp. .,needs to be raised for max. potential.
As I said then, there are no drawbacks to this mod only enhancement. The bike is more oriented to drag racing from the factory.

So pay me the courtesy of a response this time. Thanks:beerchug:

Back