PASHNIT Tour....we're back!

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Well, simply three of the best motorcycle days of my life! I have spent decades exploring California motorcycle roads, I consider myself quite well traveled in the mountains of the West....having said that, my background pales compared to where Tim of Pashnit fame takes me!
It could have been the Pyranees or the Alps, The roads, the beauty, the companions and the "wringing out one's body with hours of tight corners and challenging roads" was unsurpassed.
When you get back home and put your bike to bed, the "hurts so good" feeling takes over your body. You know, at whatever level, you are a true motorcyclist and your Hayabusa, the thoroughbred that took you there, seemed to want more when you put her to bed.
Tim is the amazing protographer, I'm sure he will post soon, but below are a few pics of this amazing experience. Doyle

DSC04749.jpg

DSC04787.jpg

DSC04837.jpg

DSC04996.jpg

DSC04740.jpg

DSC04752.jpg

DSC04836.jpg

DSC04868.jpg

Idon't want to steal Tim's thunder with too many of his pics....but he's probably OK with it since he's quite a busy guy (BTW, don't buy a part until you ck with him first!).

One of the legs of the journey was this stretch of amazing newly paved tarmac, as I carved through it, coming at me were dozens of 60's, 70's and 80's sport cars carving up the road. Generally they were quite polite when they saw me "way down" in corners. They drifted their cars uphill on the same corner as I dropped a knee coming down. I couldn't help but feel a connection to these guys and their vintage performance cars(kinda wanted to meet em for coffee later!)...
BTW, I do these PASHNIT tours in the springtime partly because I want Tim to GET ME AWAW FROM THE SNOW. It NEVER snows on the Coastal ranges (unless I show up from Reno!). It was so comforting to know that I had a whole drawer full of electric clothes back in Reno!
Anyways, here's a few more pics. Doyle

DSC04746.jpg

DSC04765.jpg

DSC04788.jpg

DSC04849.jpg

DSC04951.jpg

DSC05004.jpg

DSC05032.jpg

DSC04741.jpg

DSC04757.jpg

DSC04766.jpg

DSC04814.jpg

DSC04920.jpg

DSC05006.jpg

DSC04984.jpg

Very cool, thank you sharing. I love the one of yours and Tim's bike looking at the grass covered hills. :beerchug:

Thanks for the pics! Glad you had a Great time! Looking good brother!

Green with envy.

I tried to hop in the Pashnit tour bandwagon couple of times but backed out due to language barrier. If Tim is fluent in ASL, I'll go on his tour couple of times without a doubt. :whistle:

Green with envy.

I tried to hop in the Pashnit tour bandwagon couple of times but backed out due to language barrier. If Tim is fluent in ASL, I'll go on his tour couple of times without a doubt. :whistle:

I don't think you'd have any problems, we use many signals to indicate our intentions. Also, in the evenings, the folks are all really swell people and you would be a good "ambasador" to raise everyone's sensitivity! It doesn't take oral language to enjoy this stuff. Doyle

I have to admit it's kind of weird not seeing Tim's Gen1 in those pics; it was kind of like a trademark IMO! But its successor looks great and ready for many many more glorious miles!!:thumbsup:

Back