Parts needed....bit of a story

Ken02busa

Donating Member
Registered
A buddy of mine took out a 07 Busa for a demo ride, and with 10 miles on the clock he laid it down, flipped it. He is ok, but the bike is done.

So far, it needs entire exhaust, right side plastics, mask, mirrors, tank, grab bar, windshield, and the right hand bar hit the frame, denting it. Luckily it is a black frame, and there is not crease or rip, but I do not know if the dent can be repaired and repainted, or if the entire frame has to be replaced. The engine is fine, the casings are fine.

Has anyone got some parts they want to sell? It is a big list.
I did not want to put this in classifieds, as the only people that would see this would be trying to sell, in here everyone may see it, and might know someone else with parts to help me out.

PM me the address and I'll send you my stock windshield off my '03.

--Wag--

Where are you BB? If they were torn down as much as possible, maybe USPS would not be all that bad. I just need the cans and pipes, not the crossovers.

How much do you want for them?

(Ken02busa @ Sep. 08 2007,22:26) Wag you are THE MAN.

How much do you want?
No charge. I'm not using it . . . .

Have the stock bars too if you want 'em.

--Wag--

(Ken02busa @ Sep. 08 2007,23:14) A buddy of mine took out a 07 Busa for a demo ride, and with 10 miles on the clock he laid it down, flipped it. He is ok, but the bike is done.

So far, it needs entire exhaust, right side plastics, mask, mirrors, tank, grab bar, windshield,  and the right hand bar hit the frame, denting it. Luckily it is a black frame, and there is not crease or rip, but I do not know if the dent can be repaired and repainted, or if the entire frame has to be replaced. The engine is fine, the casings are fine.

I did not want to put this in classifieds, as the only people that would see this would be trying to sell, in here everyone may see it, and might know someone else with parts to help me out.
Not trying to put a damper on this, but I don't quite understand what happened. By "demo" ride, do you mean he was test riding it from a dealer in anticipation of buying it? If so, the dealer's insurance should cover it.

(BusaWhipped @ Sep. 09 2007,08:29)
(Ken02busa @ Sep. 08 2007,23:14) A buddy of mine took out a 07 Busa for a demo ride, and with 10 miles on the clock he laid it down, flipped it. He is ok, but the bike is done.

So far, it needs entire exhaust, right side plastics, mask, mirrors, tank, grab bar, windshield,  and the right hand bar hit the frame, denting it. Luckily it is a black frame, and there is not crease or rip, but I do not know if the dent can be repaired and repainted, or if the entire frame has to be replaced. The engine is fine, the casings are fine.

Not trying to put a damper on this, but I don't quite understand what happened.  By "demo" ride, do you mean he was test riding it from a dealer in anticipation of buying it?  If so, the dealer's insurance should cover it.
+1 Why is anyone but the dealer involved in the repair
rock.gif

Is your buddy a employee of the dealership who went on a "joy ride"
rock.gif

Robin started working there a week before he laid it down.
The owner of the store is a good buddy of mine, told me the entire story.
Insurance covered the bike, but Robin feels he would like to rebuild it, try and get the deductable and some respect back. He has no intentions of keeping it, and does not have the money to buy it back from insurance. Any way he goes, he is out, and thats that.
The store owner said it was 12,000 to fix the bike with new parts. Yikes.
Robin was leading a pack of riders on the Busa, not much of a way to start a ride. And what a waste of such a nice bike.
I was hoping to buy used parts, would give me a great winter project.

(smonroe86 @ Sep. 09 2007,11:34) interesting....
What???

Real simple here guys, there is a crashed bike. I want to get the parts and fix it.

I do not know if it is worth what they are asking, but a 07 busa with 10 miles on it should be worth good money, once fixed. The biggest question is the frame.
This is an insurance write-off, and they can be re-certified according to the Owner of the dealership.

What is the problem you guys are seeing?

I did not come on, say I crashed my bike and beg for freebies, I said I want parts and prices.
If you can help, wonderful. If you can't, or for some unknown reason dont want to, move on.

If frame is damaged it will be salvaged if reported to ANY insurance company.you can repair minor frame damage if ya know a good welder.If your replacing it all in hopes of making money and if they want a good grip for the bike you will be upside down in it before you start.

add $2500 in parts and paint on the low end and a salvage title probably in the end ,What ya got for ya money???just being real but do as ya please...if I can help ya lmk.

Thanks, 8500 into a crashed bike is getting up there isn't it? I dont think that there would be a big chance of making a bunch on this one. There is a small chance that I can get it for 5000, then 7500 is a little better.

I am doubting we can do this, doesnt seem like much of a chance of finding like new red plastic.

Just one guy thinking but $12,000 in repairs? That's more than the MSRP for the bike typically, isnt it?

Don't let your friend feel so bad about things that he feels he has to make up 12k in parts. I think that is wickedly inflated. Make it right (or do what he can/wants to) but not $12,000 worth of "regaining respect". Sometimes a little humility is just what the doctor ordered. Though, it is noble of him to want to make it "right".

Hope you find those parts on the cheap, Ken!
beerchug.gif

Are you in Calgary? My buddy and I have a black and a red 07 busa. We have stock exausts and stock winshields and stock mirrors, stock handlebars, stock footpegs. All could be delivered in person in Calgary.

(HT_USMC @ Sep. 10 2007,03:04) Just one guy thinking but $12,000 in repairs?  That's more than the MSRP for the bike typically, isnt it?

Don't let your friend feel so bad about things that he feels he has to make up 12k in parts.  I think that is wickedly inflated.  Make it right (or do what he can/wants to) but not $12,000 worth of "regaining respect".  Sometimes a little humility is just what the doctor ordered. Though, it is noble of him to want to make it "right".

Hope you find those parts on the cheap, Ken!  
beerchug.gif
+1

(Da_Bus @ Sep. 10 2007,12:21) Are you in Calgary? My buddy and I have a black and a red 07 busa. We have stock exausts and stock winshields and stock mirrors, stock handlebars, stock footpegs. All could be delivered in person in Calgary.
Could I get your phone # I am in Cowville next week!

Back