Parking lot tipover has me seriously bummed...

bjewell

Registered
Nuts! Rats!! Sh*t!!! I tipped the bike over on an uneven surface at the Best Western in Auburn yesterday. The parking lot had just been repaved, was an undulating surface and when I went to put my foot down -- at a dead stop -- the bike tipped.

Now I have a small but extremely aggravating area of pavement rash and the round engine cover has some scarring. There isn't any serious damage, but I'm sick about it.

Sacramento friends: Who in this area can touch up the fairng? Anyone, what have you done in this situation? I love my bike, and I haven't dumped a cycle in 35 years. And it was a ***** for my friend and I to get back up, because we were lifting uphill.

What a friggin' drag...

Sorry to hear about the tipover. Unfortunately shid does happen occasionally. I'm sure there someone up your way who can help you, or recommend someone that can...

These things happen and probably more pride hurt than anything.

Oh man, that sucks. :unhappy:
A good body shop, preferrably one who does Corvettes (plastic is plastic no matter what it's on) should be able to match the paint and fix the spot. As for the cover, you can strip it, sand it smooth, and repaint it yourself.
You might also want to look into some frame sliders to avoid similar damage should it ever happen again.

In a parking LOT ????....heck I didn't even get mine out of the garage the first time....DARN "REAR STANDS"....DARN "SPUDLEY PUTTING THE SIDE STAND UP"......RAZZLE-FRAZZITS....:moon:

Leave it, it has character now.
My bike has a small spot of rash from a tip, some scratches, and LOTS of miles on her. Ride her, b/c one day you won't have her.

Man, Sorry to hear that. ( Good time to get a chrome stator cover ) < Silver lining. But I do feel for you, I would also be @!#^%$ &^$* #$*^&%%$#$# & *&^% (*&%%^

000_1546.jpg

Looks just like my "Big Red" above. I got up at the crack of dawn and rubbed out what I could. It is about 95% okay, but I know it is there, and I won't rest until it is perfect again...

Mine had a little accident in the garage. I had only a little tiny scrape where the side fairing attaches near the top and my stator covered was scraped pretty bad. I replaced the cover and briefly thought about replacing the fairing. Here is what happened though after that.
I actually stopped babying in (as far as how I rode it) and really started to enjoy it. Now i still baby it as far as keeping it clean, miles, maintenance, etc. But I am not afraid now of really putting it to work. Its like others said out there, gives it character.

Leaving the tiny scrape :thumbsup:

had the same thing happen with my last bike on a freshly polished floor in the back of our office. It was gong to storm so I walked it in. It started tipping and I couldn't get enough traction on my shoes to stop it. Sucks, but shouldn't be too expensive to fix..
Posted via Mobile Device

My :2cents: Ummmmmmmm Guys, New guy chiming in ( Character ) Come on, Character is a name given to something that has flaws and is still there, When the Bike was all new and shiney Character was the last thing on your mind. I love my Busa and yes she is still pretty much perfect and that is all the character she needs, If she ( God Forbid ) gets laid down or dropped she will be fixed. When I got her it was the beauty of the bike that drew me in, When I was looking for a bike I was amazed at how many of them had been laid over and not fixed.

:poke: Fix her up, make her proud and you too.

000_1549.jpg

Did the same thing to my BKing about a week ago. Bummed me out for a few days, but I've just about got her back in shape.

Be careful about the stator cover...Weekend warrior that I am, I bought one and a gasket thinking, "How tough could this be?" Once I pulled the scratched one, I realized I was probably in over my head and buttoned it back up and took it to the dealer. The installed it today, good as new. The good news is the part is only, at worst, about $85, plus the cost of a gasket and an oil change. (Might as well do it while you are opening her up.)

My sliders saved the plastics, but have to get a new mirror...as it got scratched. Get some sliders on that thing, and good luck.

Sorry to read this, but motorcycles only stay in new condition if left sitting on the showroom floor.

Busa's are bulletproof that just a little war wound.

Put a RK chain sticker or something over it and go riding.:thumbsup:

Back