Parking in the living room.

houstonbussa

Registered
I'm going to start parking the bikes in the house. I have a 4" lip at the threshold of the door. I'm about to try one of these wheelchair ramps. But most have a cap of 300lbs (and when they say 600 they mean 300 at each axle). Just wondering if anyone else has used a ramp to park their bike in their house and what did you use? Things to look for? Etc.. Every motorcycle ramp I've seen is for loading in to the back of a pick up or something like that. Any suggestions are welcomed.

any ramp will work..

this one time in NC i did this during a hurry-cain...
used ply wood to make steps kinda... different widths.. bout 3 steps to get it just flush with the door step

100_0881.jpg

Wouldn't take much at all to clear that 4" lip...I'd just go with either placing a board in front of the lip or a cheap loading ramp from HF or Northern...unless you are actually talking about a flight of steps in front of the lip

Ive got 2 friends that have bikes in the kitchens, one used a regular ramp for loading into a pickup, think he paid $80 for it, works great. The other rigged a board and car ramps up, works, kinda...
They both had to go up about 3ft though a sliding door, they both live in the same townhome complex.

I was thinking the same thing that'd it be easiest to just measure it all out and make something.

i think some wood and some screws are prolly your best bet, maybe the cheapest too.. this way you can customize your ramp and also move it if you need to

I have a standard bike ramp that I used... just the normal one for loading into pick ups etc.

I use plywood, about a 6" rise to get through sliding glass door, works great!

A couple of scrap two foot sections of 2x4's and/or 2x2's.
Posted via Mobile Device

I bring mine in occasionally too, over about the same size. Of course a ramp's easier, but won't it go over the ledge without dragging the fairing? Or are you just lazy? Cause I can respect that:laugh:

4 inches or 4 feet??? if it's only 4inches just drop a 2x4 in front of it.

If that doesn't work out send me a pm and maybe i can get my guy to help out. :laugh:

70%20Ton%20Long%20Boom-2.jpg

Last edited:
Back