PALM TREO 700w

extreemachine

Never Forgotten
I just got a palm treo 700w from my wife for Xmas. I upgraded from a Razr through Verizon. Does anybody know of any good software or programs for it? This is my first palm or mobile mini computer thingy so I am not familiar with what is available. I have been looking around on the net and there is a ton of stuff for it, but I am wondering if anyone has personal experience with them and knows what works good. It could be games as well. I would to use it for a GPS also but I "think" I need a $300 program to make that work. Any input or ideas on where to get programs from would be appreciated. Thanks guys and Merry Xmas again and Happy New Year to you all!! Thanks Ralph
smile.gif

Thanks SFBusa, I will check it out. I don't know anyone personally that has one to even ask. There is so much software or programs out there but I don't know what is good or bad.
Thanks again!! Ralph

http://www.treocentral.com/

Hope you have better luck with with the 700 than I did with the 650....make sure you get the insurance....Ive had 6 in the last 13 months...never dropped...just quirky stuff and constantly rebooting. Finally traded it in for a phone.

I didnt like the W as much as the P version.

Read up on it, there are a lot of forums and review sites.

Sorry Can't help you with the Treo but I have a Tungsten T3 I use daily. What kind of apps are you looking for? Most of the newer Palm OS devices (Treo included) will play any of the older Palm software.

I have an issue with mine right now too in that the Wife bought me a new 2GB SD card for Christmas and my T3 wont recognize/format the card. I was hoping to put a few movies on it and a bunch of Mp3's. Anybody know how to get a T3 to work with a 2Gb (sandisk) SD card?

Do a Google search for "Handspring." They have a good lineup.

Find SimCity for the handhelds and you'll be occupied for hours on end!

--Wag--

(carolinadoublej @ Dec. 30 2006,20:52) http://www.treocentral.com/

Hope you have better luck with with the 700 than I did with the 650....make sure you get the insurance....Ive had 6 in the last 13 months...never dropped...just quirky stuff and constantly rebooting. Finally traded it in for a phone.
+1 and join up to get the discounts on upgrades.

(BA BUSA @ Dec. 31 2006,11:09)
(nitrousjunkie @ Dec. 30 2006,22:01) Powercommander3USB
wink.gif
Y'know, that WOULD be cool. Save a buncha maps on there and then upload them depending on the kind of riding you plan to do.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

--Wag--

Thanks guys!! I never thought of using it for maps for a power commander. That is ingenious!! Somebody is going to love that idea if they do different types of riding in the same day or whatever. I will do some more homework and see what I turn up. Thanks again and Happy New Year!!

Definitly get the insurance. I have two and have replaced one twice and one three times. By far the worst phone I have ever owned. On the bright side the newest one they sent me seems to be working fine. Maybe since yours is so new they will have all the bugs worked out.

Thanks again Guys! Yes I have the insurance. Considering it is the range of $400 or so to replace it and who knows how much to repair it. $5.99 for the insurance wasn't even given a second thought. I am a believer in insurance on things, extended repair plans, etc.. THANKS!!!

Keep the info coming if you guys know of any place else or anything else that is good for it. Any type of programs or games or whatever. I just love toys like this!!
beerchug.gif

Back