Pair valve mod?

aowash

Registered
I keep hearing of guys having the pair valve mod and I don't know what it does for performance. Sorry for my ignorance but somebody lay the knowledge on me, oh and can you hit me up with a good site to do the air box mod.

Thanks

In simplest terms:
PAIR allows a stream of fresh oxygen rich air to enter the exhaust system in order to burn off excess hydrocarbons..

it is identical in function to the AIR system (Air injection reactor) that was employed on cars 30+ years ago.. it also suffers the same symptoms at failure and has virtually no effect on power output of a motor..

Not sure of the acronym of P-A-I-R but maybe

Passive Air Injection Reactor
Port Air Injection Reactor

I keep hearing of guys having the pair valve mod and I don't know what it does for performance. Sorry for my ignorance but somebody lay the knowledge on me, oh and can you hit me up with a good site to do the air box mod.

Thanks
Here's a real good site with all the info you need for the small airbox mod  
laugh.gif

https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=47;t=71815

IMO if you are only using the bike on the street, leave the air box alone...

This is a mod done once you install an after market exhaust. You can do a number of searches here for marble mod, pair vavle mod, and pair valve removal. Once this mod is done, your bike will no longer pass emissions, luckily for me bikes in Ca dont get smogged.

Doing the Air Box Mod will change your air/fuel ratio. So you will need a powercommander and custom map to benefit from this.

bogus if you do the air box mod you will get a bit more of harder acceleration.!! I reccomend doing it bro. Ask brendanp he has ridden my bike when i went upto massachutses back in june. It pulls alot stronger when u do the box mod.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feed back. But man we need to settle this about that air box mod, is it good or bad? although I am sure there is a real difference, since you are letting more air enter the engine.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feed back. But man we need to settle this about that air box mod, is it good or bad? although I am sure there is a real difference, since you are letting more air enter the engine.
it's like so many other things... the answer is, it depends. There are other variables that determine if there's a benefit or not. Bone stock with no mods probably wont get any benefit out of it. Full exhaust system and remapped fuel will like the box mod.

anyone try this mod and have 2 do emissions? any issues? i am registered in a county that doesnt require emissions, but i am moving to 1 that does. the camaro i dont have 2 worry about cause here in az, if u have collector car insurance, u dont need 2 get it done...but the bike will need 2.

Call one of the stations about the "inspection" of bikes.. used to be that bikes only had to pass an "idle" only test due to the fact the dyno rollers are not really setup to do bikes.. (this could have changed since I did these in AZ)

I fully doubt that they will do the physical inspection either (all cars get a thorough go over for ALL emissions related devices being installed and functional)

I also believe the law is 25 years old on the car to get the inspection waiver, I do not recall any "insurance" type waiver (gotta have insurance on everything there anyway or they pull your tag, they are connected to the insurance companies as well, if your policy changes or is canceled, the insurance company will notify the DMV.. IM240 can be a real bear on older cars for sure..

Back