Pair valve mod

bmbusa

Donating Member
Registered
Well, I got my parts yesterday, and tonight I will be doing the Pair valve mod. I am going to remove the valve and the lines, block airbox hose and vacuum hose. Seems like a good time to do it with the weather being cold. Tomorrow I will do the +1" dogbone links.

HPIM0320.jpg

I got both jobs done.  
smile.gif
  I decided to go ahead and do the +1" rear links also, I'll have to try to test drive the bike another day. Hopefully, it will handle a little better and the kackling out of the exhaust will be gone. Keep you all posted.

I just done mine last night as well, and installed the Spec II full exhaust. Man that was cramped in there, until we got the lower radiator bolt removed to slide it forward more. No cackling on mine, and it actually feels really strong for no tuning.

I got to test drive the Busa after the mods. I went through a couple of S turns a couple of times and high speed sweeper and I got to admit , it handles alot better. The Busa is alot easier to flick it side to side, and more clearence. The cackling is also gone, sounds great. I would recommend the +1" rear link to anybody that likes cornering, totally a different bike in that aspect. Oh, and cheap to do.

(bmbusa @ Sep. 20 2006,18:06)  I got both jobs done.  
smile.gif
  I decided to go ahead and do the +1" rear links also, I'll have to try to test drive the bike another day. Hopefully, it will handle a little better and the kackling out of the exhaust will be gone. Keep you all posted.
Yes the cackling WILL be gone. Its really gonna smooth out the sound, feel, and idle of the bike. A must do with any exhaust changes. I actually read an article where a guy dyno'ed his GSXR-1000 immediately before and after his pair removal and gained a hp or 2.

It's going to be crappy weather for the next several days here in Ohio, I will get a much better feeling of both mods next ride. Hopefully, real soon.

Back