Pair sucker modification ??????

CYCLEERIC

Biker Man
Donating Member
Registered
Can anyone explain the pair sucker mod for me . I'm looking to get all possible HP from an all motor combo . Does anyone run this modification and how do you like the improvement .

Try these links to some other threads. There's some good info in them.

those aren't the "sucker" mod...just normal pair removal

Since nobody else is stepping up to answer I'll give it a shot. Keep in mind that I'm no expert on the subject or anything, though.

The PAIR system pulls fresh air from the airbox and injects it into the exhaust stream to reduce emissions. The PAIR sucker mod is when you run the hose from the PAIR valve to the crank case vent instead of the airbox. In theory it is supposed to help vent crank case pressure from blow by, which is what escapes from the combustion chamber past the piston seal rings. Pressure in the crank case supposedly robs power by putting resistance against the pistol on the stroke just after spark when combustion is pushing the piston and making power.

By using the PAIR system to "suck" the crank case you supposedly reduce pressure in the crank case. That's the mod and it's theory in simple terms. I have absolutely no idea whether or not it actualy does anything for power. Hope this helps you understand it better anyway.

I've seen the same thing done on Drag cars with good results . Most pro cars now run some sort of Vacume pump to vent the crankcase of the excess pressure . I think I'll try it then post the before and after results here . If I can gain around 2-3hp it might just be worth having the extra 2.5 lbs of weight . Cheap hp is for me .

Hey if you want to know more in detail about Pair mods call Lee's Performance Center and speak to lee himself........704-599-1507....

Back