Pair Removals Gen 1

micmat

Registered
Happy New Year to all in Busa land:D Just a quick question on the pair removal on a gen 1 ,is it necessary to plug in a pair system eliminator type device into the redundant electrical socket when you have removed the pair system, I know you will get a F1 fault but I am not using the original speedo so I won't see it but wondered if you will get any running problems through the ECU being there is a fault code ?

dear
at the gen1
there is no cable/wire/electrical anywhere at the pair - only pipes and rubber hoses

here my how to (at gen1):

disassemble the "pair-system" (we call it "spider") and give it to the waste
close the connector pipe on right side of airbox by
- cut the old hose to 3-3.5 inches length
- push it onto airbox´s pipe
- kink the hose 180°
- then fix this kink by a cable tie
- cable tie is quite enough
(or you find a cap which fits tight to the short pipe at airbox and eventually fix that also by a cable tie)

make 4 alu - plates (thickness 3-4 mm) with two 6mm holes to close the 4 "pair"-holes at the cylinder head

mount the plates with the old nuts - 10Nm (without any gasket under the alu or screws in the holes or else )
if you really want take new gaskets from suzuki they should have the article no. 18441-45C01

ready

that way i ride my 00 since july last year - all fine.

add.
i removed the "pair" because my busa sometimes had a backfire
result: never ever backfire at my gen1

20200101_182832.jpg

Hi Berlin Germany, on my 04 gen 1 the pair valve does have an electrical part to it( as in picture above) ,I think these were added on the 02 -07 models hence the question regarding the socket that this plugs into, there are firms that sell the "eliminator " but are a bit pricey at £24 if they are not really needed.

Hi Berlin Germany, on my 04 gen 1 the pair valve does have an electrical part to it( as in picture above) ,I think these were added on the 02 -07 models hence the question regarding the socket that this plugs into, there are firms that sell the "eliminator " but are a bit pricey at £24 if they are not really needed.
Like I said, no.

Thanks Mr Brown, it just threw me when it was mentioned there was no electrical connection on the pair valve assembly, I thought I had imagined it :D. I have blanked the holes and plugged the air box ,so all done.

biggrin[1].gif

I have 2 hoses coming from the pair valve to the throttle body...what do I do with them??? Pic coming...

Back