Pair removal 'busa for busa 2001

Quart

Registered
So, since I'm changing transmission chain and so on and the engine it's unloaded off my good Busa, I'm about to take off the Pair Valve system and lock closed all the holes.

Question I don't find a 100% ensured reply is: for my Hayabusa 2001 (same as 2000, 350kph speed-o-meter, the unlimited one), is there any issue with engine's computing regarding this removal?

Does CPU lights the (FI) if I remove the PAIR? I've been checking up and down the pair valve yet to find a frigging electric sensor regarding that.
Since I will be sealing the Airbox I should have a slightly air pressure increase.. no worries about?

In short words, Do I have to reprogram the centraline or bypass with bridges on some pins or something like? Can I just take that useless valve off and GG?
Thanks and good work :)

IMG-20180210-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20180210-WA0007.jpeg

IMG-20180210-WA0011.jpeg

Take those four tubes and useless valve off the front of the motor, and block of the holes using pair blocks, which we have in stock if you need them. Plug up the hole in the airbox where the pair system main hose enters, and you are done. There is nothing electronic on the 01 in regard to the pair system. Check the date of manufacture on your steering neck - if your bike was manufactured in the first half of 2001, it is unrestricted. If you find that it is one of the first restricted versions, there are several simple ways of derestricting that bike without involving the ecu directly. Feel free to call me if you need any help with it . . .

Thanks alot Powerhouse, yep, mine is unrestricted as you may see from the screenshot :)
So I can just throw away that Valve and nothing more :)

About the pair blocks I was searching around and found some very nice, unfortunatly the expeditions was twice and more the cost of the items (from USA) so I guess I will make them off myself here around.
Checked powerhouse website aswell, couldn't find them there. If you can provide something feel free to shot it :)
Unfortunatly living in Venice (Venezia EU) shots the prices up to the stars for expedition.

IMG_20170227_160953.jpg

I can ship something like that internationally through Priority Mail, it is usually not that much. I will be in the shop in another two hours. If you like, send me your shipping info through PM, and I will give you an idea of how much for the block offs (which come with gaskets) and the ship. I have them in stock.

If you have a 6mm by1.00 tap you can use 88mm long cap screws and copper crush washers

Old pic from my buddies almost 100k motor,,
Pair was done at 50k

20170506_193712.jpg

Those would be 8mm long,,,
Also this way needs to done with the exhaust header off

Or if you don't have screws handy, you can plug it with some high-temp engine silicone. I think that's what I did on mine (that was probably 15~16 years ago).

I'm not for the things made "goody enuff" when we are speaking about engine, brakes and so on.
Some fairings may be handy, but whatever pushes you in seconds up to 250-300kph, better be the BEST stuff around :) So thanks to PowerHouse went for APE pair blockers :race:

Back