Pair Reed Marble Mod

weav808

Registered
Is this two different Mods or am I lost? Brocks picture looks like the right side of the airbox, but he marble mod thread looks like the rear of the air box. Which one is correct or am I looking at the pictures all wrong?

marble%20mod.jpg

pair1.jpg

The Brocks is the lower picture. I have a K8 and the air box looks like the lower brocks picture. That is the only air line I can see other than the rear side of the air box. Just want to make sure I do the right line.

My K7 also looks like the Brocks pic; I'm fairly certain the large pic is of a K8 but I could be wrong. It could be the angle of the shot that is throwing me off :banghead:

Is this two different Mods or am I lost? Brocks picture looks like the right side of the airbox, but he marble mod thread looks like the rear of the air box. Which one is correct or am I looking at the pictures all wrong?

Here's my dumb question;

What the heck is a "Pair Marble Mod" and what does it do?

Marble Mod is to block off the air flow to the PAIR valve so you won't get backfires after you change the stock exhaust system (or modify the stock system) to an aftermarket system. The PAIR valve is nothing more than an air pump that puts extra air into the exhaust to lower emissions.

I also decided not to use a marble. I went to Home Depot and bought a 1/2" furniture cap. I slipped the cap over the hole and put the hose back on. (2008 Hayabusa).

Where do I need to install the cap then. I went to the brocks site and the lower picture is what was displayed for k8. Where did all you guys install the cap (plug, tee or marble) at? Left side or right side as viewed from the aft or sitting position. I am clueless! Sorry for my dumb question.

The hose on the right side. Remove the hose. Put the cap over the spout and then put the hose back on. It was simple after I got the hose right.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marble Mod is to block off the air flow to the PAIR valve so you won't get backfires after you change the stock exhaust system (or modify the stock system) to an aftermarket system. The PAIR valve is nothing more than an air pump that puts extra air into the exhaust to lower emissions.

Now I'm informed! :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Back