Pair Mod

Henryace1

Registered
The other day I went to RPM Performance(TDC Performance) her in Davie Florida where Ninja Eater gets the Green Dragon work on and I talked to Jason he told me not to do the pair mod. He says that taking off the pair won't do much and it may hinder the bike, he told me if the bike is tuned properly it wont back fire. When I was there he had about 15 bikes that he is working on and 6 of them are Busa's 2 of those 6 are stretched and turbo'd.(Maybe he know's what he is doing) He told me he would tune it, do the small air box mod and dyno the bike for $200.00. Hey Ninja Eater can you comment on this?

I don't really know what to tell you, I know that I heard, if you install a full exhaust you need to remove the pair valve or you will get backfiring and flames out the exhaust.
thumbs-up.gif

I only put dual slipons on the bike, and I'm getting backfiring and blue flames out of the exhaust. If I must remove the pair valve I will, but will the backfiring hurt the engine? Will a power commander take care of this problem? Questions questions questions...........

Removing the pair is not going to give you any real performance gain but it deffinately won't hinder it. Its mainly done just to get rid of the back firing.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Blue Streak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098424420 -->

..what he probabaly meant was that JUST for the slipons it is not worth to remove the pair - hence it is not "recommended"..

However, I haven't heard before that the pair removal can hurt the engine - and I can't see why it could..

I have a full yosh system with K&N filter no pair mod. and I was getting popping and backfire in Hawaii, now that the bike is in Calif I dont unless above 4000 ft elev. Go figure
rock.gif

I only put dual slipons on the bike, and I'm getting backfiring and blue flames out of the exhaust.  If I must remove the pair valve I will, but will the backfiring hurt the engine?  Will a power commander take care of this problem?  Questions questions questions...........
If Nothing else, I know that the backfiring and Blue Flane will damage your bolt ons, and if they are carbon?  It could actually bust em....

So yeah I'd say it's a big deal.  Cannot be good for the motor either.  

Pair valve removal will solve it and from looking at it, all you need is a set of block off plates. Oh, and an afternoon...  
smile.gif

As for will a tune and A PC solve it?
rock.gif
I dunno, but I do nto think it will make much difference.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098483556 -->

Back