Painting new color

Camano Rider

Registered
Has anyone here painted their busas different color other than the OEM. Just curious thinking of painting my 08 blue busa to a different color this summer. If anyone has done this please post a picture. Thank you.

:welcome: to the ORG... go to the search bar above and try searching, you will find many many MANY custom busas on the ORG!

enjoy!

Has anyone here painted their busas different color other than the OEM. Just curious thinking of painting my 08 blue busa to a different color this summer. If anyone has done this please post a picture. Thank you.

You mean like this.

IMG_4735 crop.jpg

Well, I spilled her several times while park, taking her out of the shed, and this morning I parked on a muddy side of the driveway and when I was taking off for work her rear wheel slipped and down she went. She spilled twice now on the rigth side and this time not only I cracked the plastic there are deep scratches all over. I might as well learned to paint my busa if similar incidences occur in the future. Yes that is a good looking paint job on that busa.

Well, I spilled her several times while park, taking her out of the shed, and this morning I parked on a muddy side of the driveway and when I was taking off for work her rear wheel slipped and down she went. She spilled twice now on the rigth side and this time not only I cracked the plastic there are deep scratches all over. I might as well learned to paint my busa if similar incidences occur in the future. Yes that is a good looking paint job on that busa.

Are you sure you want to invest the time and money into painting it, If its gone down that many times its probably going to go down again.

Well the very first time I dropped here was the moment I lost my balance wheeling her out backward, the 2nd time was the famous kickstand scenario, and today was due to muddy condition. Yeah, I rather invest time and hopefully little money to paint her, she is my main commuter to work. My next option is buying a new side fender painted and ready to go for $400. This will be my last option though...Thank you for your insight on this.

lol way to trick people into racing you bubba:laugh:

That's funny. :laugh:

Actually that is DEVILDOG's (Vinny from San Diego). That is the first Busa other than mine that had ever seen in real life outside the dealerships. Great guy and great bike.

Sorry about the thread jack, back to our regularly scheduled program.

Well the very first time I dropped here was the moment I lost my balance wheeling her out backward, the 2nd time was the famous kickstand scenario, and today was due to muddy condition. Yeah, I rather invest time and hopefully little money to paint her, she is my main commuter to work. My next option is buying a new side fender painted and ready to go for $400. This will be my last option though...Thank you for your insight on this.

Im glad your going to fix her up, People say it adds character to have a scratch here or a scuff there :banghead: You only notice them saying this after they get there scratch or scuff.

Fix her up and let her be the beauty she was meant to me.

Good luck with the Paint Job.

Do you have any color in mind.

I dropped my '06 the second day I had her. It was gentle but left some marks. I rode it that way for several years. I had several guys tell me to buy the bullet decals to cover the small scratches, but I just left the beauty marks.

Plenty of people paint their bikes.

Im glad your going to fix her up, People say it adds character to have a scratch here or a scuff there :banghead: You only notice them saying this after they get there scratch or scuff.

Fix her up and let her be the beauty she was meant to me.

Good luck with the Paint Job.

Do you have any color in mind.

It did bother me a bit this morning, but then again I bought her mainly for commuting to and from work. In addition to the busa, I also ride a Honda Silverwing so I try to even out the high mileage I ride each day (130 mile round trip) So truly, it is not the beauty I want to maintain although that would be nice as well but rather the functionality. Thank you, and I was thinking of painting it with just one color perhaps pearl white. I am also contemplating the European style where everything is the same color and only few parts such as the tire and etc remain its original color.

I dropped my '06 the second day I had her. It was gentle but left some marks. I rode it that way for several years. I had several guys tell me to buy the bullet decals to cover the small scratches, but I just left the beauty marks.

Plenty of people paint their bikes.

it's comforting to know that others share the same dilemna with their busas. This type of accidents are bound to happen for those who ride their busa more often than others. Yes, I finally accept this incident will happen again in the future, I just have to live with it or If I don't want another scratches I could just park her, use her less often and admire here beauty, but then again that is completely waste of my money if I only occasionally ride her. I hate driving my car, I can't use the carpool lane, the parking fee at work is too damn expensive and I hate sitting on traffic.

Man I love this paint job !!! Very suzukiish!!!:bowdown::bowdown: Looks great imo

That's DEVILDOG from your area (Vinny).
And yes, it is probably my favorite color scheme of all. My pics do not do it justice, you really have to see it in person. :beerchug: to Vinny
Bubba

Back