Painting Done, Starting To Rebuild..

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
Got all my plastics and tank back from the painter yesterday. Will start putting everything back together here in a bit (after the MotoGP race). Tank first I think then work out from there.
Picture of everything, factory color...
BusaPlastics6-4-2011001.jpg

LOL! That cat is fascinated by anything new that I bring into the house. I'd barely gotten everything in when she found her way into the tail section.
Got the tank on a while ago, already finding small parts I'm missing. Can't find the 2 little metal collars that go in the front tank bolt bushings. They should be in the coffee can with the rest of the parts, but they ain't.
Ron Ayers saved the day. Probably will find a few more missing things as the build progresses.

Cool.Cant wait to have mine painted.Mine is blue but a little darker.I have a buddy that paints and does real nice work so this winter it will get new paint.Who ever painted mine did alright but I can see the flaws and they didnt paint the trunk but did all the rest.Guess it survived the drop.What can yoyu fix cracks with?? I have a small one in the rear that needs repair.

Are you going to put on the Kenji emblems??I was thinking of having mine airbrushed on in kind of a 3-D effect to look like chrome.Not sure yet.

Are you going to put on the Kenji emblems??I was thinking of having mine airbrushed on in kind of a 3-D effect to look like chrome.Not sure yet.

Yes, I have them ordered.
Those things ain't cheap either, $101 after tax for both of them from 'Zuk.

It's such a great feeling when everything is ready to go back together. I like that color.

@karnage, plastic welding is the best bet for fixing cracks. Really not too hard once you get the hang of it.
Posted via Mobile Device

paint looks GREAT! suzuki blue!...cant wait too see the finished product!:thumbsup:

Back