Painters Needed!!

V8N3T

More mods plz..
Donating Member
Registered
Hi, I have been sanding down some of the new fairings I orderd and trying to get them ready for paint. I was wondering if there is any1 in the CA area, around San Deigo or LA that is a very good painter? I am needing to get my fairings painted once I get them prepped and save up the funds for the paint job. Please post up, and any artwork of yours if you have any! Thanks!
super.gif

(Devil Dog @ Sep. 29 2006,21:06) Creekboy paints very, very well......but I haven't seen him around since I got back.
Whew, you have been out of the loop! He paints well, but his shipping sucks! LOL

says shes in Knoxville, Tennessee...i wonder how much it would cost to ship everything there? Any1 any closer?

(GSXTacy @ Sep. 29 2006,19:13)
(Devil Dog @ Sep. 29 2006,21:06) Creekboy paints very, very well......but I haven't seen him around since I got back.
Whew, you have been out of the loop!  He paints well, but his shipping sucks! LOL
Out of the loop.....yeah I was in Iraq for 7 months.
guns.gif

Wish I could help you out. I am looking at doing some painting before too long.

(V8N3T @ Sep. 29 2006,19:17) says shes in Knoxville, Tennessee...i wonder how much it would cost to ship everything there? Any1 any closer?
Bro,don't sjhip S&^% to that guy he stole from me like I was a diamond factory and has yet to try and make it right.I tell you what when my boy catches up to him he will wish he hadda never took from me...
pirate.gif

ouch, glad to know. Thanks bud...didnt know he/she was shiesty. I guess I will just have to keep looking. I found a detail shop here in SanDiego that does mostly HD stuff, but they do some sportbikes from time to time. He said for 8 peices it would cost me nearly 1,500.00 for 1 color!!!! So I duno, but I will have to save my penny's for that or something.

I had my 954 painted and even with my help on the prep/sanding, the painter said he'd rather paint 2 cars than one sportbike. There are so many complex curves that makes laying paint very difficult. It also makes it a pain to buff it without burning the edges. $1500 isn't all that outrageous for him to do all the work. Remove all the decals and lightly scuff the surfaces. Then just rattle can it flat black and ride untill you can afford a decent paint job.

theres a really good place in huntington beach COLORZONE.COM he paints alot of bikes for magazines he has done some work on my bike . check out his site and then give Matt a call

more samples at www.liquidmojopaint.com

aka www.smokingunzpaint.com

dragon bike PLASTICS and tank available for trade and 1000.

being the painter i need to show new work every season so instead of painting over my bike i'd rather trade it at low cost.

p.s. for the single fellas: the ladies love the purple flowers ;)

IMG_1875.JPG

(black954 @ Sep. 30 2006,04:04) There are so many complex curves that makes laying paint very difficult. It also makes it a pain to buff it without burning the edges. $1500 isn't all that outrageous for him to do all the work. Remove all the decals and lightly scuff the surfaces. Then just rattle can it flat black and ride untill you can afford a decent paint job.
Done right, it should be all hand wet-sanded and hand polished. It took me two months off-and-on to polish mine. But, it was perfectly smooth at the end (well, until a car swerved in front of me anyway
biggrin.gif
).

The most difficult parts are the tail section around the seat, the ram air intakes and the two intakes on both lowers.

I had rattle-canned mine years back for a while. You'll get sick of it very quickly, but it works.

I'm in the process of re-building the little booth I made in '02. Got sick of waiting for people telling me they'd have a paint shop booth available and I don't know any painters around here.

(smokin_gunz @ Sep. 30 2006,07:35) more samples at www.liquidmojopaint.com

being the painter i need to show new work every season so instead of painting over my bike i'd rather trade it at low cost.

That Dragon motif just plain kicks serious arse...

(Projekt @ Sep. 30 2006,17:19)
(smokin_gunz @ Sep. 30 2006,07:35) more samples at www.liquidmojopaint.com

That Dragon motif just plain kicks serious arse...
+100 Gunz is the shizznit!

Back