Painted Tire Tread

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Anyone paint their tire tread slots to match bike? I saw this and liked it. Any paint made for this sort of thing? I have that fastest grey/silver colored Busa

Sounds like it may look cool but...
I don't think painting the slots would be such a good idea.  
- the solvent in the paint may do funny stuff to the tire compound. (Maybe soften it, but probably harden it when it dries out.)
- the paint itself may provide a nice slick surface on which to ride.
- as the paint flakes off it may provide built in particle distribution site on the contact patch (between the tire and the road).

Post if you do this. I'd be interested in the results.

ya, mon. I'm hopin for some 'special' tire paint that works right or I ain't doin' it. It's ALLLLL about the safety

What about those adds in the US cycle mage that have complete colored tires that remanufactured airline rubber. I saw one in Daytona about a week ago on an 03 R1, color was blue , i have to say it looked pretty cool, but it was at night and he had blue neons all over the place so it may look different during the day. That sounds pretty cool though.

Here's a link to those colored tires:

If they had some two tone ones that matched the busa and were rated to 200 mph - that would be cool.   :drink:  :drink:  :drink:

After reading their story I don't think I would feel safe - I'd wait for one of the major tire company's......

Well... my oppinion is that these wheel painting really suck!
It's a risk to say that to you painted-wheel-lovers... but I take that risk

:bounce: Painting the tire tread, dude I can hear it now when you ask the paint supplier that you need a paint the won't eat away or react with your rubber tire because I don't want them to fall apart when I'm running at 170 MPH or so. :bounce: Your smoking what?

I've already contacted cycletires.com and volenteered to be a Hayabusa test pilot if they give me free tires, have not heard back. I was gonna buy some but it seems they are not for sale yet... anywhere?? at all??? hello??!??!?!??!

*IF* they made the right paint [oooh diamond sparkly silver paint would be even cooler!] I might try it. I don't think it's flacking off would be any worse than the crap I roll over on standard pavement anyway.

You could look for a Dept. of Transportation truck that is painting the roadway and drive into the wet paint...The paint would wear off everywhere except the threads...Whoa did it by misstake one time...At first it looked cool but then it looked like he was a Jacka$$... :laugh:

I've read about those tires, it's not a paint or coating. The rubber used to make the tires is actually colored, so it wouldnt wear off or discolor. Just don't know about using them though, 180+mph deserves top of the line chit..............

POSER!

Jokin' hehe...

I like black...

Of course the tires alread match my busa. :tounge:

Anyone paint their tire tread slots to match bike?  I saw this and liked it.  Any paint made for this sort of thing?  I have that fastest grey/silver colored Busa
I think Crayola makes a matching color for your "fastest color"

Sorry man, I had to say it! :eek:

Back