Painted Side Panels

Rich

Registered
Have you guys seen this site? I called the guy and sent mine off and they will be returned next week. They look very good on the site. www.raceready.us It makes the bike look alot nicer.

Rich, you are right they do make the bike look alot different. I did not us them, not that they are bad, there were alot of unanswered questions. I did them myself . Along with some other mods.. I had some rock chips from Laguna so I resprayed my front fender as well.

Picture_005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Raceready does not sand the panels before shooting them.

Sand them down to 220, lay a coat of epoxy primer sanding to 400, spray color, urethane clear, wet sand to 2000, wet cut to 2500, polish, wax, Oooooh-lah-lah.
thumbs-up.gif
cool.gif

Have you guys seen this site?  I called the guy and sent mine off and they will be returned next week.  They look very good on the site.  www.raceready.us  It makes the bike look alot nicer.
Seen them Rich. I don't think that you will be real happy with the worksmanship. No clear coat. Looks just like it was spray-painted on. Paint will come off with the slightest scratch. Trust me, it's not worth the money. I'm going to let Nick (Gixx1300) do mine for me. A little more pricey, but I would like to be able to at least wash my bike without worrying if the paint will come off. In all honesty, if I were you, I would go with Nick's work. He did my mirrors for me and they are DA BOMB!! Just my 2 cents, but it's sometimes worth a million bucks.

Brian
afro.gif

When I called the guy and he quoted me the price I was a little skeptable. Considering a quart of PPG Chromabase color costs about 75.00 and then a good clear is another 50.00 a quart,and then the labor. I thought the guy had to be cutting corners somewhere? Just my .02

I know I have seen Gixxer1300 post up the prices before but I have forgoten what he said the cost was to get the panels painted, can some one tell me what he charges, Im thinkin about gettin mine done up but Im not sure when I can get it done.

But I do know that the copper would look great.

Josh

Well $HIT, I should have posted here before I sent them out. I will see how they look when I get them in. The ones on the web site look pretty good. I will post how they turn out and pics of them when I get them.

Nick Smith, Gixxr1300r, is the one who paints them here, he did my mirrors as well. He's going thru a tuff time right now, but his SHYTTT IS DA BOMB, real nice work, the flexi primer really makes the difference. I hope he is able to return to par soon. Heart still goes out to ya Nick. But his work is very very nice. Nick charges $300.00 that includes the return shipping. DO a search for NICK SMITH or his handle and see all the pics.

ICE

I know I have seen Gixxer1300 post up the prices before but I have forgoten what he said the cost was to get the panels painted, can some one tell me what he charges, Im thinkin about gettin mine done up but Im not sure when I can get it done.

But I do know that the copper would look great.

Josh
Are we talking Inner Fairings or sides? In any case, you simply can't go wrong with Gixx (Nick). He is a proven commodity so to speak.

Back