Painted inners

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
Does anyone have a picture of an 07 Maroon with Painted to match Inners, or even a Red Bike.

Im thinking of doing it, But not sure if it would be too much Red.

I think it would look great. Are you planning on sanding them flat or leaving them textured ?

when mine was air brushed I had the dash panels done, but after a season the paint chipped back out..probably do to not enough flexing agent in the paint...you can see in one of my pictures that the paint is almost all gone from the dash panel...now I have all black panels again....also there is no need to sand flat, a good painter can build up with primer and they will be smooth as a baby's butt

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:
Race ready in Miami does them if you want good guaranteed dependable work done. They will do it in a smooth or the rough finish. You just send them yours and they send you back a pair painted according to your bike. Unless you have a customer paint job. Check out their website and give them a call if you're interested.

Link:
http://www.raceready.us/

Race ready in Miami does them if you want good guaranteed dependable work done. They will do it in a smooth or the rough finish. You just send them yours and they send you back a pair painted according to your bike. Unless you have a customer paint job. Check out their website and give them a call if you're interested.

Link:
http://www.raceready.us/

Sorry...meant CUSTOM paint job. :whistle: You'll probably need to send them color samples for that.

I can get them sanded and painted for ya professionally for around $250.

P.

Demmym, you need the contrast with your all monotone paint. The painted innners work with Djsin's flames or the graphics posted in Schism's link, but you've already peeled off the minimal graphics and never had big stripes to cross the inners anyway. IMO, painting your inners to match your maroon bodywork - flat or shiny - will just make for a maroon blob. If you want to get fancy, add some carbon fiber inners. That would be nice. Just my two cents.

Demmym, you need the contrast with your all monotone paint. The painted innners work with Djsin's flames or the graphics posted in Schism's link, but you've already peeled off the minimal graphics and never had big stripes to cross the inners anyway. IMO, painting your inners to match your maroon bodywork - flat or shiny - will just make for a maroon blob. If you want to get fancy, add some carbon fiber inners. That would be nice. Just my two cents.

I do agree, the eye is drawn to contrast and if the fairings are the same color it will defeat the purpose of painting them.
Besides, Misty is already such a beauty.
My 2ct also
Bubba

when mine was air brushed I had the dash panels done, but after a season the paint chipped back out..probably do to not enough flexing agent in the paint...you can see in one of my pictures that the paint is almost all gone from the dash panel...now I have all black panels again....also there is no need to sand flat, a good painter can build up with primer and they will be smooth as a baby's butt

No don't think it'll be too much probably really make the bike look good. just be aware problem isn't just the flex agent it's also the type of plastic it's on, who ever shoots them needs to make sure to use a really good adhesion promotor for plastics. The amount of petroleum base thats in this type of plastic makes it hard for a paint bond to the surface. You may want to check with a reputable company that has this down. It is possible to do but it takes someone who really knows what material they are working with to get the paint to stay properly. Otherwise over time it'll just delaminate (commonly known as peel off).

Sand them smooth...you'll likey !!!! :super: Race ready, I believe William is his name, but plan for a wait.....

DSC00280 (Large).jpg

Back